Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

After my GFP-750 arrived basically broken, and after I discovered that I liked the way an active linestage sounded, I bought this:

1073066756.jpg

Parasound P3 preamp. It does everything, but it may not do anything well. We shall see.

A Parasound product without a JC in the title? What gives? :) John is slacking I suppose..

123qwm1.jpg

Two 4 inch metal box cover, GF©I and duplex outlet. These things are unbelievably difficult to find locally. I had one sales clerk swear to me that they didn't exist because of "fire code reasons." I thought this was particularly amusing as it is building code that dictates that I use them (all basement outlet circuits must have ground fault protection.)

A Parasound product without a JC in the title? What gives? :) John is slacking I suppose..

Yeah, I wondered that as well. It is said to be designed by Mr. Curl, but it's substantially downmarket from the JC-2. I've read some reviews stating that it gets pretty harsh at high volumes, but I'll have to hear for myself. At any rate, ebay's 25% refund program makes auditioning gear almost like a second job.