Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I went off to the wood shop to try another finish (my nemesis) and decided that spray on lacquer would possibly be nice. So after getting a couple of bits of nice exotic woods and sanding stuff I picked up a tin and headed off home.

I finished sanding my latest bit of wood, shook the can vigorously for two minutes and then gave it a good spraying.... it was thick, goopy, blotchy and generally looked like crap. I examined the tin more closely and realized I picked up the water based acrylic shit next to the lacquer...:palm:

Waited until it was dry and then sanded it all off again. :(

The Tannoy "ST100"s came in today. Good stuff, and bad stuff:

The Bad:

* These are clearly NOT ST100s, they're ST200s that have been re-badged by Tannoy - complete with new ST100 serial # stickers slapped over the old stickers!

* These look like these may have been "factory refreshed" or B-stock ST200s since there are some minor cosmetic defects - still looks good overall though, so I'll keep 'em.

* One of the 4 thumbscrews (used to select crossover & sensitivity settings, so pretty important) was poorly machined and cannot be used.

* The banana adapters included for connecting 2 sets of cables to the same main speaker terminals - they work, but do not instill great confidence in the quality of connection formed.

The Good:

* I wanted the Prestige ST200 anyways, since it's a more optimized match for my Prestige speakers. I only bought (what I though was) the universal "ST100" because they were on sale. These cost less than typical for even used ST200s, so I'm satisfied with the purchase even though they (Tannoy/Stoneaudio) might not have been 100% forthcoming in their description.

* The Kensingtons also use the same thumbscrews for their grills & treble settings, so I was able to snag one from a grill to use in place of the defective one. I'll still call Stoneaudio up an ask for a replacement.

I put together a crappy set of cables to use in the meantime until I get much nicer cables :) Will try to put them through their paces tonight or tomorrow...

Two pair of wireless Infinity headphones. Oh yeah, they're attached to a DVD player.

Oh yeah, that DVD player is attached to this...

2008hyundaisantafe0001a.jpg

Now some of you may be saying "wait a minute, didn't he buy a new Hyundai Santa Fe about 10 months back?" Well yes I did, and I never thought I'd be trading it in after just 10 months. However with the economy in the crapper, they gave me a deal I just couldn't pass up. My last Santa Fe was the entry level GLS. This new Sante Fe is the Limited, completely loaded. Bigger 3.3 V6 with 50 more HP, 18" wheels, sunroof, touring package, Trailer prep package, DVD player, blah, blah, blah...

I went in for my first oil change, and left with a brand new beauty. This vehicle had a $3,500.00 rebate, and $1,500.00 customer loyalty rebate. Plus my interest rate went from 8% to .9%. So my payment jumped $100.00 a month, but this loan is 60 months, instead of the 72 months of my last loan.

So basically I feel like I got all the extra goodies for free. Yeah crappy economy! ;)

Oh yeah, this one is in Dusty approved Black, with Black leather interior.

This vehicle had a $3,500.00 rebate, and $1,500.00 customer loyalty rebate. Plus my interest rate went from 8% to .9%. So my payment jumped $100.00 a month, but this loan is 60 months, instead of the 72 months of my last loan.

That is fantastic :)

For anybody who keeps their job during these times, it is like being a kid in a candy store......

Thanks guys!

Marc, the Austin meet sounds great, and of coarse I'll be there, but I plan on comming to bug you before that. I'll bring the Teflon project (Uber secret, sorry) :), your wooden faceplates and my F5 for initial fire up.

Oh, and when I say initial fire up, I don't actually mean flames this time. ;)