Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

akghearo999.jpg

The AKG signal processor arrived today. Haven't had much time with it to get a feel for how good it really is, but my two biggest concerns were either the effect being very subtle and borderline useless, or absolutely trashing the signal every which way, neither of which seems to be the case. The effect is very noticable and not at all unpleasant, except when switching back to the original signal... the soundstage just collapses when you're suddenly hit with the full channel separation again, until your ears readjust.

y1 + mini3.

IMG_4601.jpg

Cute. Is that a hifi2000 case? Nice whatever it is.

Latest:

1/4 lb Cardas Quad solder

2 Caddock TF020s

40 PRP 20 ohm

1 Dynamicap (burnt one up :eek:)

4 Cardas RCAs

Neotech

1 Blackgate Std

Edited by Pars

NAD 1600 Preamp/Tuner off Agon. I wanted to put the Zana back to full time headphone amp status so this pairs up nicely with the C272 power amp for the speakers. And it has a phono preamp that is supposed to be decent, so that if I ever get off my butt and get a turntable I'm covered.

whats the difference between that one and the older white 2 ball?

Multi-material construction, milled 1025 carbon steel body, tungsten steel floorplate, elastomer core of insert is different composition, hogged out hosel permits more weight redistribution to floorplate, satin nickel low glare finish. I have used the old model for the last three years, and this is quite a wholistic improvement.

Neotech UPOCC Silver 28 AWG Teflon Insulation

Neotech UPOCC 28 AWG Teflon Insulation

EICHMANN Metal Barrel Black

Vampire BAR Spades

Belden 8660 Braided Copper Shield

Cardas R DIN 90 Degree DIN

3/8 Shrinktube

The makings of my new tonearm cable :cool:

Multi-material construction, milled 1025 carbon steel body, tungsten steel floorplate, elastomer core of insert is different composition, hogged out hosel permits more weight redistribution to floorplate, satin nickel low glare finish. I have used the old model for the last three years, and this is quite a wholistic improvement.

I was not a fan at all of the older white ball. The feel of the odyssey white inserts were always too soft for me. This one seems to have improved on that quite a bit.

ah. that's probably about what i smoke in a year. i would consider that pretty regular use, since colibris quit working on the third or fourth time you try to use them ;)

I have a Xikar twin flame that does a pretty good job and was only $40 or so. Mucho cheaper than a nice Dunhill or Dupont. I am a 0-5 cigar a week smoker.