Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Another Western Digital My Passport Essential 500 GB from the HC amazon link.

I've got a 320 full of new music that I have yet to convert to ALAC for my Drobo. Not looking forward to that :(

You could do it as a big batch in MAX, could you not? What format is it in now?

You could do it as a big batch in MAX, could you not? What format is it in now?

So far I've only converted stuff in windows, as I heard Max has problems converting stuff to alac. I've never tried it in max.

Its a mixture of un-extracted RARs, flac tracks, ape tracks, and album images in either flac or ape w/ cue sheets.

So far I've only converted stuff in windows, as I heard Max has problems converting stuff to alac. I've never tried it in max.

Its a mixture of un-extracted RARs, flac tracks, ape tracks, and album images in either flac or ape w/ cue sheets.

1) I've never had any issues with MAX, but I've never looked too deeply into this. I use it to rip and convert, and have probably done about 75 discs so far with only 1 issue (and I doubt it was Max's fault)

2) Holy shit that's a pretty mixed bag of trouble. Have fun, man.

I have had no problems at all with Max in the last few months. It used to choke on 24/96 FLAC -> 24/96 ALAC but no longer does so in the current version.

I may have to try it then. For high rez, I've been making everything AIFF in dbpoweramp, then importing to iTunes, then making it 24bit ALAC iirc.

I've not bothered converting any high rez for a while now because of this.

On a side note, I'm thinking of trying this this weekend for the hell of it.

.... the bleeding continues. :eek:

Indeed, but look at it in all its milspec glory and its ability to test 307As, 300Bs, and all things with glorious octal bases. Seriously though, with ~20 307As to test and only needing to keep 4 I think I can pay for the tester in short order as well as offer help to friends who might need matching services.

What "oh frack me"? You can't be too thin and you can't have too many tube testers.

What make and model is this? I can't make out the writing on the manual. It looks like you have a minor restoration job in front of you. :rolleyes:

Hickok I-177B. And the "restoration" is being taken care of by our mutual friend. By the time it gets to me it'll be functionally perfect and I couldn't care less about a little rust here or there. It's more than likely been through at least one war so the fact that it's all still there is pretty amazing. Plus, I pretty much fell in love when I found the following in the manual.

n_maher-albums-misc-projects-picture993-destruction-notice.jpg

oh frack me

n_maher-albums-misc-projects-picture992-i-177.jpg

Indeed, but look at it in all its milspec glory and its ability to test 307As, 300Bs, and all things with glorious octal bases. Seriously though, with ~20 307As to test and only needing to keep 4 I think I can pay for the tester in short order as well as offer help to friends who might need matching services.

Very nice. Currently on a search myself for both a tube tester and moar 307A tubes.

I didn't even think there were 20 307A's in existence anymore.

Yes, yes there are.

1) I've never had any issues with MAX, but I've never looked too deeply into this. I use it to rip and convert, and have probably done about 75 discs so far with only 1 issue (and I doubt it was Max's fault)

2) Holy shit that's a pretty mixed bag of trouble. Have fun, man.

I often get errors or silent quits with Max and 24/06 FLAC files when converting to ALAC. It just had an update so I'll have to see if that is fixed.

[EDIT - Okay Max 0.9.1 is fixed!]