Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I may be just a bit in love...

Not bad for a 60 year old piece of military equipment

117125492.jpg

After about a half hour of cleaning the face plate actually looks damn good, still more dirt to remove (it made rag after rag dirty) but way better than expected. My tester guy does mechanical restoration on the units but not aesthetic so in the pictures it looked a lot worse.

117125494.jpg

April 1945 (going to try and research this a bit more)

117125497.jpg

More importantly I tested a couple of 6SN7s with it and it works great. I need an accessory cable to get started testing the 307As but that should be here in a matter of days.

Thought I'd give these a listen.

$150 for CD3Ks? Damn, that is a good price these days.

After about a half hour of cleaning the face plate actually looks damn good, still more dirt to remove (it made rag after rag dirty) but way better than expected. My tester guy does mechanical restoration on the units but not aesthetic so in the pictures it looked a lot worse.

117125494.jpg

More importantly I tested a couple of 6SN7s with it and it works great. I need an accessory cable to get started testing the 307As but that should be here in a matter of days.

Fuck, that thing is AWESOME! :ian: Incredible that it was built during WWII. Khaki green with effing envy.

117125492.jpg

117125494.jpg

117125497.jpg

Very noice. That is a beast to be sure.

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 fighting stick. After smashing yet another pad into pieces in a fit of nerdrage, it's time to get a real stick. I hate sloppy execution. You could get away with a pad in Soul Calibur 4 which had far simpler execution and more lenient timing (and I was just about the only non-noob player that used a pad in SC4), but Street Fighter 4 is another story.

The nice thing about this one is that it's modular, and the stick and buttons can be swapped out for better ones, and with just a bit of modding you could get a very serious stick at a low cost.

Well so much for no more money spent on audio except for assemblage mods/dynafet.. I am a filthy weakling, but I couldn't pass this up:

AD1 Tungsram Electronix NOS Tubes Monoplate Pair - eBay (item 130329582926 end time Sep-11-09 08:57:04 PDT)

Time to see what NOS for AD1s is all about though I probably won't plug them in for awhile due to the loose tube issue and the adjusting voltage in the power supply issue.