Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Linsys wireless router to setup a home network. Getting the network to see and configure the iPhones was a mess that took the better part of 1/2 an hour with the overall install taking 1 hour. Not as bad as I thought it would be and now I feel I am in the 21st Century. ;)

FWIW my three year old Linksys had would not link to our MBP or iTouchs so I did the smart thing any person of my technical skill level would do----

dumped the Link and bought the Airport Express. See, I am not as dumb as I look.

Nice. I still havent done that and its been months...:D

Yeah, but room treatments come first! You can sit on packing boxes for, like, ages...

I picked up the Pass XOno yesterday. When I hook it to the eXStatA I will have the most regrettably capitalized system in existence.

weird. what problems did you encounter?

that's bizarre, i've never had an issue, factory firmware or DDR-WRT.

Me either, except typing my WPA2 code into the touch is a major PITA.

I had to manually enter the 6 pairs of address into the Linksys software. Similar to what is done at: https://www.support.uidaho.edu/FAQ/Wireless/Find%20MAC%20address/iPhone.htm

I wouldn't say worthless, as it will stop the casual user. Same as WEP. Of course, if you are using WPA2, no need to bother. If someone can break the WPA encryption, a MAC filter will do nothing.

Really? Why?

Because MAC addresses are transmitted in the clear?

Yeah, but room treatments come first! You can sit on packing boxes for, like, ages...

I picked up the Pass XOno yesterday. When I hook it to the eXStatA I will have the most regrettably capitalized system in existence.

Nice.. is that in place of your Whest2.0?