Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

WTF? I thought you loved that 845 beasty. Third time around with the McCormack, or fourth? :P Congrats.

Third time's a charm, just fired it up 30 minutes ago and the sound is sweet. I do/did love the 845 but between heat and tubes I decided to head back into SS territory for power amp needs.

Third time's a charm, just fired it up 30 minutes ago and the sound is sweet. I do/did love the 845 but between heat and tubes I decided to head back into SS territory for power amp needs.

Well, as you know, I loves me some McCormack, and my SS power amps are built right into my speakers, so there you go!

Just got the latest Mouser order and I managed to order the wrong rotary switch. I really need to be able to switch the input ground but in my infinite wisdom bought a 2P6T instead of 3P4T... :palm::palm:

Replacement chinese T-amp arrived. This one works. Rather it functions. But it really is a piece of shit. Loads of hiss and some really hard ultrasonic or high treble energy which gives me a headache no matter what I attatch to it.

Tone controls are awful.

Might be able to cure some of this by modding it a bit. Replace the input op-amp, bypass the bass and treble dials, put in some better caps etc. Just not sure if it's worth the bother even if I had the time.

Newest version of the one to be found talked about here.

Just get one of the Muse T-amps and be done with it. Not great by any means but sounds ok with Stax transformers and it works just fine driving the Spendors for TV duty. You could always build a gainclone on the cheap... :cool: