Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Ordered, can't wait to try them out!

EAjnr.jpg

Shelly, I really like these. Will you let me know if the size is true? I tend to wear 1/2 larger in the NB. Also, have you seen the Merrell Barefoot line? I'm looking at using my 20% off amazon coupon for a pair.

I just bought a pair of Salomon XA Comp 4, and really like them. I think they are last year's model, and so they usually go for half price. I got them mostly for comfort as summer shoes when I don't want to or can't wear sandals. My wife and son both use an XA Pro with Gortex for hiking which seem to be better built than these, but my son actually has a pair of these too and says these breath better in hot weather.

SAL01235_17895.jpg

Shelly, I really like these. Will you let me know if the size is true? I tend to wear 1/2 larger in the NB. Also, have you seen the Merrell Barefoot line? I'm looking at using my 20% off amazon coupon for a pair.

Will do. I was not aware of the Merrel barefoot but just looked at them and I like the look of the NB/Vibram better but I haven't seen either in person.

I am guessing you are right about the sizing. I have a pair of NB W100 which look pretty similar to the new NB/Vibram W10 and I wear a 6.5 in them. Most of my other tennis shoes (North Face, Montrail, Converse) are a size 6. For reference, I am between a 36 or 37 in the Vibram 5 finger (the 36 are too snug and the 37 too loose in the toes).

Shelly, I answered my own question as I just bought the New Balance Minimus, the ones in your pic, at Runner's Edge (Mike knows the place). LOVE THEM! They felt so good on my feet, I walked out of the store with them on, and didn't realize until I got to my car that I didn't even bother to ask how much they were when I was buying them. They told me that they haven't been able to keep them in stock, and I got lucky because they just got more in two days ago. BTW, they are true to size and a 7.5, which is what I wear in regular shoes, was perfect. I usually wear an 8 in NB. I also got a few pair of ultra light running socks because I like socks. This pair was perfect:

1559687-p-DETAILED.jpg

Feetures Elite

I then went errand shopping for a couple of hours. They are extremely comfortable shoes, and considering I have so many problems with shoes, I'm thrilled.

A sherwood feather light stick

A pair of Easton hockey shorts, size adult small

An Easton S7 hockey helmet, size Adult L

1 roll of white hockey tape

1 roll of clear hockey sock tape

1 roll of black with white skull and crossbones hockey tape

1 roll of black friction tape

Shelly, I answered my own question as I just bought the New Balance Minimus, the ones in your pic, at Runner's Edge (Mike knows the place). LOVE THEM! They felt so good on my feet, I walked out of the store with them on, and didn't realize until I got to my car that I didn't even bother to ask how much they were when I was buying them. They told me that they haven't been able to keep them in stock, and I got lucky because they just got more in two days ago. BTW, they are true to size and a 7.5, which is what I wear in regular shoes, was perfect. I usually wear an 8 in NB. I also got a few pair of ultra light running socks because I like socks. This pair was perfect:

1559687-p-DETAILED.jpg

Feetures Elite

I then went errand shopping for a couple of hours. They are extremely comfortable shoes, and considering I have so many problems with shoes, I'm thrilled.

Cool! I was having trouble deciding between the black and grey. They both are nice looking. I cannot wait to try mine now! The Vibram are good for the gym but I cannot wear mine for more than a couple of hours as they start to bother my toes.

Another bike computer/power meter to replace the one I messed by being a dumbass and trying to fix something minor and causing a escalation of things going wrong ending in my needing a replacement. Luckily the company is going to replace it for $170 vs the $600 it would cost. I've even gotten the messed up one working again so I can have it as a very strange looking backup. Two bike computers (for different uses) in a week.....

Steve, I miss the MOA crew a ton while I am in Mayberry full time this summer. Any vacation plans that might include the Bay Area? :wub:

Thanks again to Mike for posting the NB Minimus. I went to the mall to see Bridesmaids with Claire on Friday and we had a little time to kill so I found the Foot Locker. I bought a pair and have been wearing them ever since. Funny about the sizing, though, because mine are a 12 and I rarely ever need over 11 or occasionally 11.5. The guy measured my feet and claimed they were both 12, so maybe my feet are growing. ::)

Okay, I like them so much, I just ordered them in this color as well:

41JNuoEylEL._SL160_.jpg

My Crossfit gym has a shoe donation box, and I'm getting rid of all my other sneakers.

Well, these came to day, and I'm sad to say that although they are the same size and model, and look even better than the gray ones in my opinion, they are too small. I bought the gray ones in a store, but ordered these from amazon. Back they go, but I've already ordered the next size up.

1559687-p-DETAILED.jpg

Feetures Elite

I spent a lot of time in Baltimore and D.C. going into stores looking for thin socks to wear with the minimus. I finally decided that I like the injinji socks I use with my 5 Fingers the best so far. I will pick up a pair of Feetures this week and give them a try. Vicki, a bit of a drive for you but Running Wild in Fort Lauderdale has a 20% off any shoe for the next week or so.