Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Don't you hate when you type up a big post and then your comp crashes?

Anyways, my subscription to the thread isn't working for some reason, so I miss this for weeks at a time. Here's some of the stuff I've gotten since just before the surgery.

acer-aspire-timelinex-as5830t-front-straight-on.jpg

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/LX.RHM02.029

Picked this up the weekend before my surgery to replace the windows machine that died in June. The specs don't mention USB3.0 or S/PDIF out, but it's there. :) At 33% off and tax free locally, hard to resist.

Instead of posting the pics again, I'll just list the other stuff.

Nirvana - Nevermind Deluxe 20th Anniversary 2-disc CD

Wilco - The Whole Love Deluxe Edition

Oxycodone - A crapload

Hydrocodone - A lot

Morphine Sulate - A little

Mini-S/PDIF -> S/PDIF cable from Monoprice

Denon DA-500 and Trends UD-10 if I didn't mention it previously

55197xkhx3.jpg

Incase CL55197 Messenger bag. 70% off or so on a sale one day. Was supposed to have free next day shipping, wound up being 2 month shipping. The thing is huge, but carries the laptop in the back pocket and an iPad in a folio in a zippered pocket in the front.

Sold RS-1s to cover the laptop (with some leftover) and came across some HD580/600 grills/650 cable for a smokin' deal from someone who was drunk in the chat. :)

I also bought a new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, rear main seal, and assorted odds and ends to put it all together for my car. (Luckily I have a buddy with a shop, but that whole "fast, cheap, good; pick two" adage holds true. I chose the two latter.

In the 8 weeks I was carless, I bought a lot of gas, lunches, and a few movie tickets for all the buddies who helped me out getting around, getting groceries, back and forth to work, and to help with getting my walker in and out of the car.

Oh yeah, I also bought a walker, and a cane. Now, to buy my Halloween costume. I'm debating two cane-having costumes. Gregory House (complete with Vicodin bottle), or Winnie The Pimp.

**BRENT**

Uggh, I got the NEX5n today and it does indeed have the dreaded video clicking problem. I will probably be taking more videos than normal since I have a new niece coming in December so this will be a problem. I don't want to send it into Sony for a "fix" so I will probably send it back to amazon. I was hoping that this one would be fixed since amazon was out of stock and so this one should be "new" stock from Sony. It is annoying that they aren't fixing them before sending them out. Now to decide whether to pick up Jeff's NEX5 or wait for the NEX7...

Edited by shellylh

Uggh, I got the NEX5n today and it does indeed have the dreaded video clicking problem. I will probably be taking more videos than normal since I have a new niece coming in December so this will be a problem. I don't want to send it into Sony for a "fix" so I will probably send it back to amazon. I was hoping that this one would be fixed since amazon was out of stock and so this one should be "new" stock from Sony. It is annoying that they aren't fixing them before sending them out. Now to decide whether to pick up Jeff's NEX5 or wait for the NEX7...

Canon EOS 1D X

Lasership sounds like it is run by a bunch of 12 year olds.

Well, it appears they are run by a bunch of 12 year olds. I just checked the status on my packages on the tracking information now provides less information that they did today at my lunch break. facepalm.png

Edited by Salt Peanuts

I just renewed my Audible Platinum subscription to get "Steve Jobs". Going to start listening to it at work tomorrow. Trying to decide between "Bossypants" by Tina Fey, "God, No: Signs You May Already Be An Atheist and Other Magical Tales" by Penn Jillette, "Public Parts" or "What Would Google Do" by Jeff Jarvis, or "In The Plex" by Steven Levy.

Any recs out of those (or others?)

**BRENT**

Edited by MexicanDragon

I also bought a new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, rear main seal, and assorted odds and ends to put it all together for my car. (Luckily I have a buddy with a shop, but that whole "fast, cheap, good; pick two" adage holds true. I chose the two latter.

Damb, was the clutch really that fucked up, or you just decided to rebuild the whole thing while you were at it?

Well, it appears they are run by a bunch of 12 year olds. I just checked the status on my packages on the tracking information now provides less information that they did today at my lunch break. facepalm.png

Sounds like one of my Ensenda experiences. That really sucks. I hate that amazon uses these companies. By the way, were these 1-day or 2-day amazon prime purchases? How long before the cutoff deadline did you buy them? I am trying to figure out if there is a way that I can make sure that UPS delivers all my packages. I think that everytime I have had Ensenda deliver a package, I have ordered long before the cutoff time (usually over the weekend). My theory is that Ensenda is not organized enough for amazon to use them if you order at the last second. Of course, my theory is based on very little evidence so is probably wrong.

a new bike on my birthday!

8295-61_Sirrus_black_d.jpg

I like it so far, but the seat is really a pain. I think it was Vicki that at some point mentioned a similar problem. I think I might have to adjust it back a bit or something, as it was really hurting after about a 30 minute ride...

You might see if your bike shop will swap saddles out for you, preferably at no charge, if you can't get comfortable on this one. Normally, more padding is a bad thing (on the saddle), and will make you less comfortable, but that is on a road bike where you might be less upright that on this bike. You may just need to ride more to get used to it, but I would mention it to the bike shop.

I've ridden a Brooks Professional for almost 40 years (the same one :rolleyes:).

brooks-team-pro-chrome-med.jpg

Many people swear by Brooks, some swear at them. They are heavier than most (all?) of the Italian type plastic saddles, but normally very comfortable.

• Like 1

Sounds like one of my Ensenda experiences. That really sucks. I hate that amazon uses these companies. By the way, were these 1-day or 2-day amazon prime purchases? How long before the cutoff deadline did you buy them? I am trying to figure out if there is a way that I can make sure that UPS delivers all my packages. I think that everytime I have had Ensenda deliver a package, I have ordered long before the cutoff time (usually over the weekend). My theory is that Ensenda is not organized enough for amazon to use them if you order at the last second. Of course, my theory is based on very little evidence so is probably wrong.

Actually, these were free or standard shipping since my free Amazon Prime had just ran out (so I can't really complain as long as items get here, but right now I'm not confident of that happening). When I had Prime, anything I had shipped via 2-day or 1-day were either shipped by UPS or FedEx, with 1-day shipping often arriving by 1pm.

Got the first shipment from Really Right Stuff. The monopod seems to be built to support a television news camera. It is pretty damn big and the knobs are enormous.aefc05c4-a8f7-04fb.jpg

I am not sure I trust their little adapter to allow me to continue using my Black Rapid strap. Seems to lock down well but for some reason there is a piece blocking you from completely screwing the strap into the plate. Seems like I read about some horror stories because of this.

aefc05c4-a970-959d.jpg

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.749561,-73.975540

What are you thinking mike? I have a Cannondale Slice TT/Triathlon bike that's very good and very fast for the money, that said a road bike with TT clip on bars may be a better option if you're ever going to be riding in groups etc.

I'm thinking road bike, if I get a bike. Most riding will be just to ride. I can participate but I can't compete so having the fastest bike is not a big deal.