Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

New driver's license pic versus old. 5 years, 50 pounds, and a new haircut...

IMG_6950917.jpg

This was the best they could do with their shitty camera. For frame of reference, the shirt I have on in the new pic is bright cherry red, and the glasses are bright gold, so it's obviously very shadowy. My hair and beard are actually quite white at this point. I'll have to get some decent pics taken in outdoor light and post them here.

Nice purchase ,Shelly!

Cool pics, wmcmanus! Should be a good holiday season!

Nice setup, Justin!

CJ, I buy less than the other regulars here, but I've been buying a lot more than ever before. Sometimes a bottle can sit for months, sipping here and there. Then last night we had a gathering of good friends. and the guys who previously thought they didn't like bourbon, fell in love with the Van Winkle lot b and Eagle Rare, and the women loved the Herradura and mescal margaritas and St. Germain cocktails, so together, we polished off an almost full bottle of the Van Winkle, 1/4 of the Eagle Rare, 3/4 of the Herradura, 1/2 the mescal, and 1/2 the St. Germain. Good thing they could walk home and not have to drive! Lots of props to HC, because this is where I expanded my knowledge exponentially! Even Anne said at the end of the night that my drinks (really, HC drinks) were the hit of the party! :)

Mistakenly posted in the "Deals" thread but still applies here.

Tojiro 210mm Gyuto. Very nice blade geometry and white steel, what more could you want in an everyday chef knife. Sharpens easily and quickly, much better to work with than the crappy Henckels.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/chefknivestogo_2178_39950788