Post what you're watching

deepak

Finished 3rd disk of Blade of the Immortal.

Yargh! Really wish they had finished this, it was a really good take on the manga. And what an awful place to stop. They even got the language right (in the author's notes in the manga, he mentions that he deliberately uses different styles in a deliberately incongruous and sometimes anachronistic style), without beating you on the head with it. It's much more subtle in the show than in the manga, although Sabato Kuroi was nicely pretentious with his poetry. And the more introspective scenes were nicely patient. So maybe not the best anime you've never seen, but an excellent take on the best manga you've never read.

Human Target, "The Wife's Tale" -- that move over the car by the parkour guy at the beginning was pure win. I've fantasized about exactly that move -- not doing it myself, obviously, but just visualizing it. The fact they did it just reminds me how compatible I am with the producers of this show.

Also, nice to see Montgomery added to the opening credits -- I kind of got the impression they were adding her to the team in the last show (first episode), but not sure why she was left out of the opening credits -- it wasn't like a big spoiler or anything, any more than having Indira Varma ("Gee, I wonder who that could be?") in the opening credits.

Maybe it was just a mistake, the rest of the credits read exactly the same (between the two episodes -- other than Montgomery's missing name), so it adds more whitespace between Indira Varma and Jackie Earle Haley.

Also: she cute. Albeit way too young. But can't deny the eye candy aspect.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

Too young? She's 25.
Well, they're playing her like she's 18 or something (there was a line on the order of "bring your daughter to work day"), and that must have been what my mind's eye saw. Still, that's just over half my age, so yeah...still too young. But at least I don't feel like a pedophile any more, so...thanks for that.

Goddamnit, how do you watch a whole episode of Brew Masters on the Discovery channel? All I see are a bunch of pieces, and I don't know what order to watch them in. I watched the first piece earlier in the week, and was completely turned off, despite having been completely won over by Sam Calagione in the movie, Beer Wars: the "Makin' Bitches Brew rap" section.

Well, they're playing her like she's 18 or something (there was a line on the order of "bring your daughter to work day"), and that must have been what my mind's eye saw. Still, that's just over half my age, so yeah...still too young. But at least I don't feel like a pedophile any more, so...thanks for that.

I hear you, even though I'm not even 10 years her senior.