Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Ugh, horrible driving conditions -- left work after it had been raining/freezing/snowing for about an hour and just barely made it home as the roads are in a terrible state. Strange thing is, as I'm driving home, almost getting stuck, I'm behind a plow, but he isn't plowing… what the heck?

Ugh, horrible driving conditions -- left work after it had been raining/freezing/snowing for about an hour and just barely made it home as the roads are in a terrible state. Strange thing is, as I'm driving home, almost getting stuck, I'm behind a plow, but he isn't plowing… what the heck?

get drunk then try it again. moar fun!!!

While I was on the road back home, I watched the precipitation turn from rain to freezing rain to a bit of sleet to snow, all with varying intensities. Got home a few minutes after the snow started accumulating on the roads, no thanks to the fucktards going like 10mph and taking up multiple lanes.
I saw more idiocy today than I've seen in a while, cumulative. I saw people spinning their tires; I saw people getting out of their cars; I saw people tailgating. Heck, at one point, I pulled over to pee (it took almost four hours to get home), and when I got back on the road, there was no-one around. It was creepy, like something had happened behind me that I wasn't aware of -- zombie apocalypse or shovel-monkey invasion. I could do as fast as I like, unimpeded. I think I did like 20, 'cause I kept fishtailing (and this is in a front-wheel drive). And it was right in front of the River Road exit, inner loop, so I didn't want to take that turn too fast (I think I toggled it down to 15 for the turn). And then I caught up with everyone, and it took me another hour to get the rest of the way home. That's right, from ~your house to mine, on the beltway, it took over an hour.

And we've been having on-and-off blackouts since I got home. FTMFL. Can't even watch my NetFlix DVD, for fear of the power crapping out and fucking up my Oppo and/or EarMax Pro.

Just finished shoveling the driveway (I'd have waited, but I still need to be at work by 7.30am).  Took less than usual time since we just gave up on having two usable parking space and I parked behind my wife's car. Apparently, the town plow decided that two and half winters of being nice to us was good enough - there was over 10 feet (in length) of packed snow at the end of our driveway, at least a foot deep. It has been a lovely way to start my morning.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

We got dumped on last night. I'm not sure how deep it is, but it's deep enough. I'll work on the driveway on and off today, but I don't really have anywhere to be, so it's not a huge deal. With luck we'll be dug out by time for hockey, and if not, c'est la vie.

Bit more snow than I expected when I walked outside today.

snowsmall1.jpg

But a snow blower had made a pass.

snowsmall2.jpg

So I had no problem making it into work. Now I get to hear all the stories from my employees telling me how they just happened to have brought home all kinds of work last night so they can miraculously work from home and be productive.

Bit more snow than I expected when I walked outside today.

snowsmall1.jpg

But a snow blower had made a pass.

snowsmall2.jpg

So I had no problem making it into work. Now I get to hear all the stories from my employees telling me how they just happened to have brought home all kinds of work last night so they can miraculously work from home and be productive.

Did someone get shot? I see red in that snow, or I need to get my monitor recalibrated. Time to dig out as well.

I saw more idiocy today than I've seen in a while, cumulative. I saw people spinning their tires; I saw people getting out of their cars; I saw people tailgating. Heck, at one point, I pulled over to pee (it took almost four hours to get home), and when I got back on the road, there was no-one around. It was creepy, like something had happened behind me that I wasn't aware of -- zombie or shovel-monkey invasion. I could do as fast as I like, unimpeded. I think I did like 20, 'cause I kept fishtailing (and this is in a front-wheel drive). And it was right in front of the River Road exit, inner loop, so I didn't want to take that turn too fast (I think I toggled it down to 15 for the turn). And then I caught up with everyone, and it took me another hour to get the rest of the way home. That's right, from ~your house to mine, on the beltway, it took over an hour.

And we've been having on-and-off blackouts since I got home. FTMFL. Can't even watch my NetFlix DVD, for fear of the power crapping out and fucking up my Oppo and/or EarMax Pro.

I can totally imagine how bad that must've sucked, and that is hella creepy. I literally got home right before it got really bad. And yeah power was flickering for us as well up until 9:30pm last night and it has been out ever since. I'm currently gleaning wifi off my mom's work place (school is closed).

We bought a massive snowblower so getting snow off our driveway was thankfully pretty easy.

Edited by mypasswordis

I left work at 1:30 and got home before the suck got cranked up. One of the guys that works for me took 6+ hours from DC to Falls Church. The idiocy must have been awe inspiring.

The only idiocy I saw on this morning's drive in was as I pulled into the parking lot for my building (ice everywhere) the guy in front of me slammed on his brakes to get out his parking pass and nearly caused a 3 car pileup.

Ugh. We got 4-5" of snow in W.Mass, and it's nasty, heavy stuff. I just exhumed the Subaru and cleared a path to the wood pile. Mum called and wanted me to shovel her whole driveway. Dedicated son that I am, I said NO WAI and offered to clear enough space for a car to park at the end of the driveway (mum still can't drive post-surgery). Sometimes I regret being an only child. Sometimes.

I did get some good shots of the afternoon sun coming through the trees. Don't have time to sift or edit them right now.

The only idiocy I saw on this morning's drive in...
I have to admit, driving in to work today was a breeze. I could even slalom lanes, hypermiling-style*, without worry of impeding anyone else.

Taking the shortest path on s-curves, so the closest thing one can get to a straight line, while remaining on the road. Effectively changing lanes to the innermost lane every time the road curves in the other direction. I don't really expect to save gas, I just do it because it keeps my mind on the road, and I don't do it if there's anyone else about.

14-20 inches over Tuesday through Wednesday. FML

x2. I'm hoping the plumber can make it to my house today. I'm not looking forward to being stuck without cold water in my kitchen for a number of days if he can't. I'm also concerned about the amount of snow on the roofs of my outbuildings. Unfortunately, there's not a lot I can do about that. Access to everything is becoming difficult. As it stands now, I can barely reach my woodpile. What I really fear is losing power.