What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Al ... wtf! We obviously need shotguns for the next Mayberry gathering. And, what are you doing up there on a fine Friday morning?

@ Shelly ... I hear you on the "nice to have my life back, but also worth the time/effort to work with those young women". Shelly post shield going up. :)

@ Steve ... see, I'm right, you WOUL'D be a great dad.

I would not use a pellet rifle on a full grown raccoon, it will just piss them off.

Yeah, that's the most powerful rifle I have available right now, which I opted not to use for exactly that reason.

As long as you are fairly close, under 25 yards, my Marlin 39a has been quite effective on SC raccoons. Would like to try a .460 Weatherby and .500 Nitro Express sometime, probably not on raccoons though.

Getting that close shouldn't be a problem, the animal is surprisingly bold.

If you do not mind my asking, where are you moving to?

Not at all - just got settled into the extended stay in Milwaukee Wisconsin. To be our new home. Accepted a teaching / clinical / research position at the Medical College of Wisconsin.

Have a great trip Don, and let us know when you get settled in. I do love Portland though. :(

Thanks Steve, I will miss Portland too, especially the beer !! But I honestly think this is best for the family and it is a great opportunity for me too.

..dB

Highlight of my day was washing the dog after she peed herself during the flight - poor thing.

I like the direction(s) this thread has taken.

Would a taser do the trick on the raccoons? I've fought with them over the years. They are tough creatures. Not to be trifled with. My grandfather tried to beat one to death with a shillelagh--he was unsuccessful. The raccoon killed him. That last sentence isn't true.

Also, perhaps we've finally found a use for this?

276.jpg

Remember that picture I posted of the two raccoons a few weeks back? Those were the kits of a mother raccoon that invaded one of my barns and set up a nest there. I believe I have now "raccoon proofed" the barns (though there is more to do) but I haven't even started cleaning up after the &*#$% things. There is are two HUGE piles of raccoon shit I have to clean up. One is on a formerly nice antique chair. Also, the entire barn (which is huge) has a strong animal order in it now. I am not happy about this.

I didn't poison or shoot any of the coons I caught. I trapped them with a Havahart. When I begin cleanup process, I suspect I'll be wishing I had used a more brutal method.

:indra:

Today is my first day off since I got home from CJ so I slept in until 8am. May not sound too grand but it's far better then my usual 4am time...

I have no idea what I'm going to do today but right now I couldn't care less as I'm listening to my APL/ESX setup and marveling at the 100% valve/transformer amplification... :)

Just finished building my daughters bed and chest of drawers from Ikea at her house in Gainesville. Waiting for Gail and Britt to return with some shelves for me to install while I watch the World Cup and drink the bottle of Humidor Series IPA cooling in the fridge.

I think tonight I will sit out back with my PM9 and wait for raccoons.

6f23401b.jpg

Edited by tyrion

Today is my first day off since I got home from CJ so I slept in until 8am. May not sound too grand but it's far better then my usual 4am time...

I have no idea what I'm going to do today but right now I couldn't care less as I'm listening to my APL/ESX setup and marveling at the 100% valve/transformer amplification... :)

Sounds good Biggie. Glad the amp is bringing joy. I just read an article about your new mayor and the Best Party, which sounds hilarious. As punk/actor/comedian Mayor Gnarr put it: “No one has to be afraid of the Best Party,” he said, “because it is the best party. If it wasn’t, it would be called the Worst Party or the Bad Party. We would never work with a party like that.” :laugh: If you have any good stories, please share them. Anyone who guarantees a drug-free Parliament by 2020 and insists he will not form a coalition government with any party whose members have not seen all five seasons of The Wire is alright by me but who knows how he will work out in reality. :)

New York Times profile here: The Saturday Profile - Icelander?s Campaign Is a Joke, Until He?s Elected - Biography - NYTimes.com

About to head to yet another 4-year old's birthday party. Easy to beat.

Two words: hip flask. Either a boozy cocktail like a Manhattan (no juices and such) or straight booze to mix into your punch or soda or whatever. You can't always trust these over-indulgent parents to think about the grown-ups at these things.

Sounds good Biggie. Glad the amp is bringing joy. I just read an article about your new mayor and the Best Party, which sounds hilarious. As punk/actor/comedian Mayor Gnarr put it: “No one has to be afraid of the Best Party,” he said, “because it is the best party. If it wasn’t, it would be called the Worst Party or the Bad Party. We would never work with a party like that.” :laugh: If you have any good stories, please share them. Anyone who guarantees a drug-free Parliament by 2020 and insists he will not form a coalition government with any party whose members have not seen all five seasons of The Wire is alright by me but who knows how he will work out in reality. :)

New York Times profile here: The Saturday Profile - Icelander?s Campaign Is a Joke, Until He?s Elected - Biography - NYTimes.com

There are plenty of stories but they are better suited for a more closed avenue. We did support their campaign though as they had no money and we did in fact make the cake for the congratulatory party. It even had a small bear statue made out of sugar since they promised a polar bear in the city zoo... :)

Ohh and this may be inappropriate but

one of the few clips of him I found in English. It's from an old sketch show here...

To appease Reks, since you are surely not immune to bias, we should probably have you DBT all three options.

Colin, obviously you have never attended one of my family holiday get togethers. DBT got nothing on moi......

Today I dug out my GLite + DPS and wired it into the "processor output" on the back of my Outlaw RR2150. I listened only long enough to determine that it worked. No time for critical listening now, as I have to go move a bunch of furniture back into a room for me mum, now that she's done painting.