What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a painting by my aunt...

Backstory:

I wanted the graphics from a CD as wall art for my place, and while I was almost an art (education) major, it's been years since I've painted anything but walls, trim or car parts. So I asked my aunt, a very talented artist, if she'd be interested in painting it for me. Since she was so happy with the deal I gave her on my old Gateway laptop she wouldn't accept any money for supplies. We talked about doing it on a large canvas, but in the end thought it would be more interesting to break it up over 4 or 6 canvases. And since my ceilings are so high, I needed something on a pretty large scale. So once the holiday rush was over, she set to work, and she emailed me this week letting me know it was all done. I swung by on my way up to my folks' place today. Now I just need to figure out how to hang it on my sloped walls!

1231639883_neko_painting_007_resize.jpg

Total dimensions are 38" x 31" or so.

O0

Needless to say, I'm thrilled with how it came out. I can't wait to get it hung!

[edit] I'm going to hang it over my TV, seen here. [/edit]

Edited by en480c4

I love the fox painting. I've always liked that sort of broken canvas too.

Today I mainly revised, procrastinated online, and began what will be the lengthy process of neatly archiving several years of documents from various backup and copied folders. Doing so, I found a picture taken about the time I got my first Stax.

och%20aye.JPG

Simpler times.

Spent most of the day catching up on TV shows missed in the Christmas insanity and worked on a miniaturized Blue Hawaii PSU to try and fit inside the Egmont. I really don't like doing P-P work with transistors... :(

...Doing so, I found a picture taken about the time I got my first Stax.

Simpler times.

Indeed :) I still remeber my Rotel RCD-971 -> SRM-313 -> SR-007 setup with fondness.

Shoveled the walk, shoveled a path to my car, cleared off my car, started it up, moved it. Shoveled a path to the woodpile. Removed what felt like 500 lbs of snow from the tarp on top of the wheelbarrow. Took the remaining wood out of the wheelbarrow, noted that the bottom third was full of ice and a few peices of wood. Pushed the ice-filled wheelbarrow to the woodpile, loaded it up. Pushed it back, noted that the tires were more than a bit soft. Vaguely wondered about the last known location of my air pump. Unloaded the wheelbarrow, brought all the wood inside. Dragged the wheelbarrow up on to the porch (which actually the top of a bomb shelter, I love 1960s houses!) Flipped over the wheelbarrow with the vain hope that the sun will melt the ice sometime soon. Went in, tried not to track snow everywhere, failed miserably. Started up the wood stove. I love New England winters.

Installed the memory, graphics card, and hard drive in my computer, and now everything is working great, am working on downloading and installing CUDA, now.

Colin, my favorite Chinese restaurant is in Howard County near a police outpost ( and no, by that I do not mean a donut shop -- I forget what it really is, but the Chinese restaurant is Mandarin House off All Saints ). I've been going there since '88, srsly.

Chris -- I think Suitland takes up a lot of those statistics, if you take Suitland out of the equation, then PG gets a lot better.

Suitland, where the key words are "two days" -- two days a body shot by the cops went undetected because they lost count of how many perps there were; two days a girl was held hostage in the center of town because no-one heard her because everyone drives around with their windows up; etc.

is it jagwire?

Shit! You just can't have secrets around here.

Uhm, I'd say he's the polar opposite of jagwire.

Sorry to be so clandestant but it's not for me to unveil. The project isn't complete, he's got some work to do on his end. I'm sure you'll be seeing it soon though.

Edited by swt61

Shit! You just can't have secrets around here.

Uhm, I'd say he's the polar opposite of jagwire.

Sorry to be so clandestant but it's not for me to unveil. The project isn't complete, he's got some work to do on his end. I'm sure you'll be seeing it soon though.

jagwire is a lucky sumbitch if he ends up with the fruits of your labor steve. ;D