What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cursed my luck. We are supposed to leave for Disney World in two days and both kids are good and sick. It never fucking fails! Daughter is puking and son is coughing up a lung. What a fun week in prospect. :palm:

This is only the beginning of your misery. Just wait until you are have to spend days in the parks in really hot and humid weather. There is nothing like it. I've been there with kids so many times that I've told my wife I will not return until we have grand children. Have fun!

I thought concept 2 was a rowing machine.

It is but in the world of rowing they have HM and FM as well as other distances. The Run, Run Run thread was more about weight loss than especially running as I was reading it so I added something to the thread.

Spent the day mostly in Mayberry. It was quite windy all day and on the way home from some errands I was driving down our small street when a large oak tree split at the trunk and crashed into the road about one house in front of me. At first, the high branches were swaying like the Iron Giant was about to walk through them or some large person was up in them. Then the whole thing was falling into power lines and the phone line. The power lines were sparking and smoking while bouncing all around after the main branches fell past them. The tree blocked half the road right in front of me, although a fair amount of it was still stuck on the thick telephone line that was the lowest running along the street. I went around in case the lines snapped and after pulling over I went back to the tree and the smell of the cracked open trunk was incredible. The fire dept. and PG&E showed up and started cutting up the fallen part, and the rumor one the street is that they had to take down the other trunk because it really hangs right over the road and is far less stable now. Weird stuff, but glad I wasn't going any faster.

My cat woke me up at 3, went for a walk; ran the dishwasher; put the dishes away; installed window air conditioner in room; showered, all before 9 a.m.

Went and saw a movie, lounged at B&N.

Wow, when I owned a cat I couldn't get it to go in the litterbox, let alone turn on the dishwasher or put the dishes away.

Was that at the Art of Shaving, Mike?

Art of Shaving it was. It was nice but I do a better job then she did.

Hiked about 17 miles, and climbed an 11,000ft peak. Fun day, even if my feet didn't think so.

dsc7083h.jpg

Peter, I am jealous.

Finished the day at a Middle Eastern restaurant at the Hard Rock, smoked a hookah and watched a pretty hot belly dancer.