What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to head out for a 3-6 day motorcycle trip. So I won't be here for a while.

Woohoo! There's one that makes my dick tingle!

Not that Vikki's plight didn't get my attention.

(Treading on thin ice here.)

Now I'm gonna piss off Nate:

I set up my new DIY work bench today.

All my personal electronics tool dissolved into HeadRoom years ago,

so I had to buy a brand new set.

845133751_nk2vm-L.jpg

It's like Christmas in spring! jive.gif

Now I'm gonna piss off Nate:

I set up my new DIY work bench today.

All my personal electronics tool dissolved into HeadRoom years ago,

so I had to buy a brand new set.

http://putts.smugmug.com/Other/Headphone-Hobby-Lab/P1020594/845133751_nk2vm-L.jpg

It's like Christmas in spring! jive.gif

NOICE!

I do note a distinct lack of round-hole cutting accessories and tools though. ;) I'll also be very curious to hear your thoughts on the fume extractor, the more I've read about them the more frustrated I get since all of the small desktop-sized ones seem to require sitting directly on top of the work to do anything.

NOICE!

I do note a distinct lack of round-hole cutting accessories and tools though. ;)

I've got a set of chassis punches out in the garage, they just haven't moved into the lab yet. And there's a Dremel you can't see.

I'll also be very curious to hear your thoughts on the fume extractor, the more I've read about them the more frustrated I get since all of the small desktop-sized ones seem to require sitting directly on top of the work to do anything.
Back in the day, I didn't even think about it, but after having to buy lots of solutions for HeadRoom I thought I should go for something.

I put a stick of incense near it and it sucked like crazy ... from about 9" away it was like a beam of suckage. I'll do a little video of it sometime soon, it seemed to work good.

So far, ate a bagel and on the bus to NYC. Hoping to find an apartment today.

I'm to old and set in my ways, but if I were young again I'd love to do a stint living in the Big Apple.

Greatest city in the world (though the Montana boy in me chuckles at that a bit), have a great time there Colin.

So far, ate a bagel and on the bus to NYC. Hoping to find an apartment today.

Good luck with the apartment hunt :)

I ate a hot breakfast, dealt with some banking. Yesterday I spent a few hours trying to calibrate my power meter on my various bikes but I may have screwed it up and now I have to do it again but this weekend is looking like absolutely crap weather. yay.

I've got a set of chassis punches out in the garage, they just haven't moved into the lab yet. And there's a Dremel you can't see.
Do your self a favor and buy one of these if you don't have something like it, it's the best $30 I ever spent.

Irwin Unibit #1 High Speed Steel Fractional Self-Starting/Hole Enlarging Step Drill Bit, Model# 10231 | Step Drill Bits | Northern Tool + Equipment

Ignore the picture, it's from 1/8" to 1/2" although the one that goes up to 7/8" is pretty handy to have as well. I got a set of 3 back when I started and still use all of them all the time. My dremel is almost entirely ignored, it's too unwieldy.

I put a stick of incense near it and it sucked like crazy ... from about 9" away it was like a beam of suckage. I'll do a little video of it sometime soon, it seemed to work good.

The vid would be very cool but I fear 9" may be tough to accommodate some days. I've had designs on doing something custom but like just about everything else I dream up it stays in the mist.

Exactly, and one of the reasons it is more hazardous to my health, long term. Pripyat has better fried carp though and vodka, which is necessary when eating the carp.

Pardon the interruption, but Jim's post reminded me of a very funny carp story in the book Utz by Bruce Chatwin, which is also a movie. It is set in Soviet era Prague. The pay-off is at the end of the excerpt if you want to skip ahead:

The restaurant, a relic of the Thirties in an arcade off Wenceslas Square, had a machine-age d

Been sick all day. sick0018-1.gif Just like I was yesterday.

In spite of that, I am still going forward with the opening gig for Bassnectar tonight (even if I did learn that the compensation is only 40% of what I was originally offered). Tomorrow I drive across the state and work for two weeks. This is going to be awesome. :palm:

Off to set up and do a soundcheck. I had to spend the last hour resurrecting Traktor, which picked the most inopportune time to go tits up. Normally, I like to have two contingency plans, and tonight I have none. Wish me luck...

Lot o' suckage, hope everything is going great now.