What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat through a poorly coached soccer game in miserable weather with a pollen count approaching 10x over "very unhealthy". Thank Satan this bloody season is almost over, and I can hide inside until winter, when I can breathe.

Seriously, any coach who lets his team be named "Pinkalicious". :palm:

**BRENT**

Spent the last 3 hours or so clearing out things from the perimeter of the basement walls. Much to my surprise, most of the items bolted to the wall/floor came off without too much hassle. Now I just need to haul most of them out of the basement, but I'll do that tomorrow when my friend's coming over to help.

haven't posted here in a while, things have been insane.

So, so far my boss has left, and his boss (who reported to our president) also left. So, not so good. Then a guy that worked for perhaps our biggest rival got hired and is now my boss.. Who knows what else is about to go down. People will get letters this week with an offer from HP. If you don't get a letter, well you're gone. So, with that wonderful news in hand, I had to present at what we call our Customer Advisory Board, where we bring all our customers in and wine and dine them and tell them how great we are, etc. I figured that this would be the perfect time to get shit faced and relaxed, as this is basically a three day party. So, we went to Maria Maria, Carlos Santana's joint here in town and had a big dinner... well, things were going well (I was buzzed and avoiding all the right people) when our current president sits across from me, and two of the big wigs from HP.. yeah, sorta annoying. Things went well (from what I remember at least, heh) and ended up hitting a hookah bar with one of the HP guys and my former bosses and my new boss afterwards and having a good time.

Anyways, it will be an interesting next month or so. I feel like I'm starting a new job in a sense, with the new manager and company, etc. Going from a company of around 300 people to being part of a company of 300,000 people is a huge change... wish I had a bed full of money to ease my pain like a good number of people do from the sale :)

Good luck with everything. Presenting at a Customer Advisory Board sounds pretty awesome, and so is the idea of you smoking hookah.

I just got back from the last day of improv soloing for dance performances. Mon-Wed was rehearsal and Thu-Sat were the actual showings. Thank god for being done, now I can actually have time to practice and do work.

Just finished hauling, loading, dumping and spreading 4 yards of wood chips. I'm feeling my age right now. >:(

Same, with same result :palm: The local high school music department does a mulch sale every year as a fundraiser. My son and I were supposed to help with delivery, but they wound up having too many people, so I got out of that part. Came home and my mulch order was delivered within an hour, so got it all put down. Glad I didn't have to do both, or I'd really be hurting.

Also, good luck Marc! Hope things work out and HP leaves you guys alone.

Good luck Marc.

I'm making dinner for the family, including mom and my in laws. I'm making flank steak grilled. It's marinating in a dark beer marinade I made. I also made an aji sauce for the steak and some Columbian guac. I'm also smoking some spare ribs with a dry rub and dark beer mop. I also have a brisket that I'm smoking for my mom. I wish it would stop raining so I can smoke a cigar.

Jp, that looks like a nice hike.

so this weekend was interesting - friday night i ran a lord of the rings extended marathon at my place, turn-out was great, had more than the 15 people i had estimated. saturday night my roommate's fiance came down from chicago and we had a small group out in downtown peoria doing some barhopping, chasing some rather attractive 22 year old girls and whatnot. sunday morning i wake up with a terribly sore throat and my allergies are worse than ever. 3rd time this semester i've gotten sick, what the fuck.

Sent out rejection letters for the summer high school math program for women that I run. I should have sent them out with the acceptances a couple of weeks ago but kept putting it off. I find it very painful to send these emails and really should get one of the grad students who works in the program to do it for me in the future. Now let's hope I don't get any calls from the parents.