What did you do today?

riceboy

Dollar Day races at golden gate fields with some neighbors as a cheap afternoon out!

DollarDaycopy.jpg

They forgot to mention the $1 Ice Cream Bars!

Joanne described it as $1 for fizzy water (well it was Bud Light :) )

Great Weather, Nice location, and Joanne and I managed to leave with $7.60 intact from our original $20 stake after betting $2 each on nine races. Can't retire just yet. :(

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London Marathon day yesterday.

Well actually a personal worst time, but I'm massively pleased with it. This was the first race I'd taken place in since a knee operation three years ago, so it was a real journey into the unknown. 58 minutes slower than my PB.

The good news is that there was not so much as a single twinge from the knee. Plenty of twinges from elsewhere, of course! 19 miles onwards was the usual mind over body battle, where the body keeps telling you to stop this nonsense and stop hurting it, and you have to play all sorts of mind games to keep going. This clearly worked, because in spite of feeling really bad my five k split between 35k and 40k was my fastest at 27 minutes (you have a tag that registers your time every 5k, plus half way and at 26 miles).

So flat mile splits by the clocks, flat 5k splits - pretty much mission accomplished. Feel like I've been beaten with a length of lead pipe today of course ;)

Been in Charlottesville Va. at "keswick Hall at Monticello" since saturday. One more night here then off to D.C. for five days. This place is really nice, one of the nicer places weve stayed at. I guess we are going to T. jeffersons house today, and then some other tourist stuff. Full spa treatment this afternoon, pool off and on in between. My wife wants to go golfing but looks like the weather isnt going to cooperate.

done break any bones this time ken

Thanks. I got back last night at 9:10. I'm just veg'ing today. I'm exhausted.

Which it was. Thanks, Ken. I gave Walgreens my phone number on the long shot that my phone might turn up, and I got a call about 4:30 this afternoon. Apparently a kid (I have no idea how old) showed up at home with my phone and told his mother he found it at Walgreens, so she dragged him there to bring it back. I have no idea who she is, or I most certainly would have given her a reward. That doesn't happen much these days, and this Walgreens is not in a good neighborhood.

I'm glad to hear about this Vicky. It restores a little faith in me about American Ethics.

Woohoo! There's one that makes my dick tingle!

I had a really good time. It took two days (and 615 miles of twisty roads) to get from SB to Placerville, CA. We took Saturday off except for the partying. Yesterday, our group of 6 people split up. I went with John Chase and Andy Goldfine to Livermore, CA using back roads. I've always wanted to see the Sacramento River Delta and finally got to. Then I decided I really wanted to be home and hopped on the freeway, 6.5 hours later I was there.

I did 420 miles yesterday. That totals 1000 miles (more or less) in 4 days on a Suzuki DRZ-400S. By the time I got home, everything was tingling.

Went to Syracuse this past weekend. Hit up Dinosaur BBQ. It was VERY GOOD, much better than the places I've been to in Manhattan.

Hit the gym today.

There is a Dinosaur Barbecue up in upper Manhattan right off of the West Side Highway.

I still greatly prefer Virgils.

There is a Dinosaur Barbecue up in upper Manhattan right off of the West Side Highway.

I still greatly prefer Virgils.

From what my friends tell me, the one in Syracuse is MUCH better than the one in Manhattan. And cheaper too. $15 will get your more food than you can eat.

From what my friends tell me, the one in Syracuse is MUCH better than the one in Manhattan. And cheaper too. $15 will get your more food than you can eat.

I would love to see more BBQ than I could eat. Never had Dinosaur, but Virgils was quite good.

Woke up at 03:30, read half of The Judas Goat, moved rubbish and old crap to get rid of to the skip, took down the shelving units, stripped the wallpaper off the walls and ceiling of the room next door, re-caulked the woodwork and replastered the walls, climbed onto the ledge outside and freed the painted shut window, nearly fell coming down again, sanded down the woodwork, cleaned the walls and discovered I didn't have any plaster sealing PVA. Communicated with my supervisor, don't know for sure if I'll be remaining on the PhD program, sent off email to Dr Harris to see what's what with him. Tried to put together a thunderdome proper for Canjam, discovered that my 40mm forstner bit is blunt, serves me right for paying