What did you do today?

riceboy

Watched England go down 4-1 to Germany. Gutted.

No doubt it could be argued that it was 4-2 actually, but whats the point. At least it wasn't penalties.

Wry minute by minute here: England v Germany: live - Telegraph

I particularly liked this pre-match analysis

Gone was the easy ticket to the semi-final defeat against Brazil, instead we will have to do it the hard way. And that means the Germans. And that means penalties.

heh, I think second goal would have fired up the english enough to at least make a better showing in the rest of the second half

but whatever, germany played like champs

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought some airline tickets to DC (for vacation) for the beginning of August. I have never been to DC so I thought it would be fun to see the sights. I have been spending the morning searching on TripAdvisor for a hotel (there are just too many). I was thinking it would be best to stay downtown or maybe in Dupont Circle. Any suggestions for areas to stay in, hotel recommendations, and/or restaurant recommendations and things to do while there? Also, any hotels/areas to avoid?

Watched England go down 4-1 to Germany. Gutted.

No doubt it could be argued that it was 4-2 actually, but whats the point. At least it wasn't penalties.

Wry minute by minute here: England v Germany: live - Telegraph

Because I have little or no interest in the sport, I valeted our older car as a graduation present for our daughter. But I could tell the inevitible was happening by a stereo groan of despair coming though open windows along our road as each goal went in against England.

Now we'll have to get through days of navel gazing by the pundits. There will be no repite....

Slept about 5 hours. Got up, had a minor breakfast. Replaced a broken screen on a kitchen window. Turned on the the water to the outside spigot. Found a $%&@ garden hose that wasn't torn, kinked to shit, and had working connectors. Checked the barns for further raccoon infestation; saw none (good). Made lunch. I've been cutting back overgrown shrubs and raking ever since. I'm about ready to faceplant.

Also, I just paid of my credit card bill. :kitty: Still having irrational thoughts about buying a subwoofer or two. Is it time for an intervention yet?

Washed and waxed the car, yeah it was fun since I had it done by a local shop. It is ok to see others sweat while I am in a/c office.

Well, I sure sweated doing the precise same thing in my driveway. Got to a sweltering - well for the UK sweltering - 30C (86F). Hasn't rained for what seems months. English Lake District, which was at the receiving end of near biblical flooding in October 09, is now in an official drought with hosepipe use banned.

Dinner with my daughter and grandchildren. Helped the grandsons play Wii MarioKart. Built a train track lay out with the grand children ... they absolutely love Thomas!

Relaxed and still recovering from whatever virus has descended on me.

Nice scoop selection Grahame. I just got your voice mail minutes ago so I'm sorry I missed you. I was at the game then we had a couple (she is an ex-pat living in London) over for cocktails and then dinner at Thanh Long. Roast crab, garlic noodles, salt & pepper calamari, mango salad and more was quite amazing.

Dinner with my daughter and grandchildren. Helped the grandsons play Wii MarioKart. Built a train track lay out with the grand children ... they absolutely love Thomas!

Have they seen the 80's Thomas the Tank Engine TV series with Ringo Starr doing the voice over? Allegedly Starr was using doing the series as part of rehab coming off the booze. Anyway, the early series with Starr were iconic and excellent - my kids were of that pre-school and early school age when it was first aired, and I had great fun watching it with them.

Unfortunately, my workplace has switched over to 2007 and nobody ever remembers to save in 2003 formats. But 2003 with compatibility packs installed is buggy as shit.

In retaliation, I'm going to screw them all over and start working in Office 2010.

Thus far, my experience with 2007 is less than stellar. At my work we have couple of macros we use for data summarization/graphing purposes and those macros have been acting up every time I need to use them. Not enough to be completely useless, but enough to be highly irritating and time consuming. :mikey2:

EDIT - Didn't even know Office 2010 was out for Windows.

Edited by Salt Peanuts