What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazingly cool here in Florida. Damn near winter weather at about 74 an hour ago.

I got up at 4:30 this morning to do some of the work I needed to do this weekend, but couldn't bring myself to do. Work itself was a waste. Had a new co-worker "shadowing" me all day, which meant I spent more time explaining what I was doing than actually doing anything. Oh well. I then went to my insurance agent to learn that the wind mitigation inspection I had a couple weeks ago basically saved me about $600 this year...so yay!!! In celebration, I went to the spa for a nice manicure, pedicure and massage, took myself out to dinner, and am now listening to some nice music while feeling fat and happy. Life is good.

Got word today that a former co-worker and friend passed away after a long battle with cancer. So in general it's been a sad one. She was in her 40's and I found out that her only child, a son, is getting married in two weeks. Life can really be fucking unfair.

Sue and I helped each other maintain sanity while working for a power mad boss. I feel bad because we were smoking buddies during that time and I wonder how much that contributed. But I'd never have 16 years in my present job if she hadn't been there to lean on when things were intolerable.

So the world is a bit emptier tonight. She'll be missed.

Drove to Galveston Island to spend a few days cooling off at the beach. The storm has created a lot of waves which is fun! The weather is really nice and I ate some good Mexican food tonight.

Also there was a man bitten by a shark (he's ok, just had to get 60 stitches) about 100 yards from where we were swimming. The thing that sucks is that he was supposed to try out for the Cincinnati (sp?) Reds tomorrow. Too bad.

Man Bitten By Shark In Galveston - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

Drove to Galveston Island to spend a few days cooling off at the beach. The storm has created a lot of waves which is fun! The weather is really nice and I ate some good Mexican food tonight.

Also there was a man bitten by a shark (he's ok, just had to get 60 stitches) about 100 yards from where we were swimming. The thing that sucks is that he was supposed to try out for the Cincinnati (sp?) Reds tomorrow. Too bad.

Man Bitten By Shark In Galveston - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

heh:

"I just have to heal up and I'll be back out there," Rogers said. "If I get bit again, I'll probably stay out for sure. I'm not testing my luck that much."

Went to pickup my car from the body shop after it had gotten a whole new front end or so I thought. Turns out they forgot about the main radiator fan (which had a huge chunk missing) so the engine rattled like a diesel. :palm: Ahh the joy of not having a car again..