What did you do today?

riceboy

Today I played with bias voltages in the Phoenix after re-arranging my rack so I could pop the lid easily. Found that they had drifted a bit and were a volt or so off.

Yesterday I took the little one to a day care I've been teaching English at for 3 years. It's run out of a house belonging to a woman who has very carefully thought-out ideas about bringing up kids. As a result, the kids are the most sensible, intelligent, thoughtful and good-mannered that I know. They had been wanting to meet my daughter (again) for some time. After an initial shy and clingy half-hour, broken by being completely overwhelmed with toys being presented to her, they played with her for 5 hours, including lunch time. She was so happy and comfortable that I could leave the room and she wasn't worried in the slightest, which is very unusual. I didn't have to do anything, the kids, most around 12, even making sure she washed her hands before and after lunch and even helping her eat.

My daughter is in the pink striped top in the middle.

web.jpg

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooking beer can chicken. Recipe:

Procure a Weber kettle BBQ, with side charcoal baskets and drip tray. Procure a chicken and a beer can. Open can and shove chicken onto can. Brush with olive oil. Balance (easier than it sounds) chicken on griddle and put on lid. 1 1/2 hours later golden chicken internally basted with beer steam.

Beer rendered undrinkable...

I picked up some when they were 99c specials at the local supermarket.

Looks like Rip-Off Britain strikes again.

Compare

Amazon.com: beer can chicken roaster

Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors - beer can chicken roaster

Beer Bird

Bloody hell - there is no way I'm paying that much. More than the cost of a chicken and a can of beer together. You're damned right about rip-off Britain.

I'll keep balancing the bird without the help of a piece of welded wire framework.

It was delicious, by the way.

Strange morning going off to a very small country church where my family was more than half the congregation. The preacher brought the kids up front and told them they should think about giving half of their belongings away, then gave a sermon about preparing for the end of days Twitter style, and knowing what you need to do in 140 characters or less. The singer got confused over an A flat change in a hymn, so he and my aunt, the organist, decided to talk about it and rehearse it a couple times right there in front of the church until he was happy. The whole thing could either be disturbing or amusing, depending on what type of attention you wanted to pay.

I'm now in Charlotte waiting to board my flight home. It was a good weekend.

Went to a get together of some speaker guys to listen to the Eastern Electric MiniMax DAC compared to the TPA Buffalo32. That didn't happen because of an incident where the EE Dac must have let off an ultrasonic frequency on powering off with the pre and amp still powered on that caused an overload on the McIntosh power amp and causing the ribbon tweeters of the $15k Piega C8 limited speaker to burst into flames. Dealer down the the road brought in some nice usher speakers to replace them within 15 mins. Feel bad for the guy, he took seeing his speakers burst into flames remarkably well.

Also got a chance to listen to the PS Audio Wave DAC and bridge. Pretty sweet looking combo, didn't mesh well with the speakers though.

Pics of flaming ribbon tweeters? And did the PS Audio not mesh well with the speakers because they did not have tweeters? Too warm sounding?

Haha, I wasn't cold enough to pull out a camera while people were putting out the flames. The Wave seemed to me like it was a bit bright in his system.

Drove the rig from Butte, MT down to Idaho Falls on I-15 today. What a beautiful drive. Heading off to a dinner invitation with some friends at their house. Jackknifed the dang motorhome and trailer a couple of weeks ago, so I'll be taking it in to the truck repair place in the morning to get an initial assessment of the wallet damage. I'm guessing $2-3k-ish. Dumb me, tried to do a 3 point turn by backing the trailer onto a country road when I got lost in South Dakota instead of just going down the road until I could find a proper place to turn around.

Drove the rig from Butte, MT down to Idaho Falls on I-15 today. What a beautiful drive. Heading off to a dinner invitation with some friends at their house. Jackknifed the dang motorhome and trailer a couple of weeks ago, so I'll be taking it in to the truck repair place in the morning to get an initial assessment of the wallet damage. I'm guessing $2-3k-ish. Dumb me, tried to do a 3 point turn by backing the trailer onto a country road when I got lost in South Dakota instead of just going down the road until I could find a proper place to turn around.

Dude, you have some bad luck with that thing. You should just give it to me and get a smaller one :)

Marriage ended a few hours ago, took a nap, woke up, talked to friend, got on HC, now to get ready to go through the motions at work.

**BRENT**

Good luck Brent, things will work out.