What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

allergy testing, round 2: cats, mold, dust mites, grass

I thought you already knew you were allergic to those.

EDIT: I just realized that that might have come off as obnoxious. I'm genuinely curious since I don't seem to have any major allergies. If you know you're allergic to cats, for instance, why test for that?

Edited by boomana

I thought you already knew you were allergic to those.

EDIT: I just realized that that might have come off as obnoxious. I'm genuinely curious since I don't seem to have any major allergies. If you know you're allergic to cats, for instance, why test for that?

This is the official testing, which I'd never had, so they can make a serum to jab me with weekly until the problem gets better. :) The last round of testing was the scratch test, and just said I was allergic to oak, and maybe some molds. This round was the needles in the back, and came back with more. So in a month, I start getting shots.

This is the official testing, which I'd never had, so they can make a serum to jab me with weekly until the problem gets better. :) The last round of testing was the scratch test, and just said I was allergic to oak, and maybe some molds. This round was the needles in the back, and came back with more. So in a month, I start getting shots.

Ah, okay. So the shots are so you will be able to get a pet kitty and not get all stuffed up. Good deal.

Sitting at home, waiting for hurricane Earl. He's weakened, but is going to hit us right on the nose! :o

Stay safe, Beefy. Even if it's weakened, it's still a storm, and cells within the storm can be extremely dangerous.

Early in the day and getting ready to meet Mike at Sterling Road in Broward County. Will probably wash/wax the 370Z, perhaps the right way is to say ... will pay to have it wash/waxed.

Enclosed is a picture I took of the 70 Beetle in 2007, I have to take new ones. :cool:

Drove for 16 hours yesterday from noon until 4:30am, stopping only for bathroom breaks. Got about 6 hours of sleep, but not nearly enough. Feeling out of it. I'm back in Illinois now for a family reunion weekend, then a 3 day drive down to Tampa for winter storage. Planned on doing a 3 day drive from Idaho to Illinois as well, but mechanical problems messed that up, and thus had to do 2/3rds of the trip in one day. At least I've got a great sound system now. Loved the Hendrix "Valleys of Neptune" album.

Ok, a half an hour later, and a half a Diet Coke as well, and I'm feeling somewhat human again. Man, was that ever a long haul yesterday!

I'm now going to walk over to my mom's house and check out all of the goodies that have been accumulating there for me during the past couple of months. There should be at least 20 boxes, including the subwoofer enclosures for my pickup, a couple of TV wall mounts, and all sorts of CDs and BluRays.

Drove for 16 hours yesterday from noon until 4:30am, stopping only for bathroom breaks.

In the UK you cannot drive for that length of time without ending up in the sea (assuming you don't drive in circles) - even Lands End to John'O'Groats. The record for cylcing the 874 miles is not much more than twice the number of hours you drove yesterday - 41 hours.

But I've driven many times in the USA, and it is bewildering how long you drive for and hardly make a dent on the country.