What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made some progress negotiating over the house we hope to rent in Cape Town. By complete coincidence, it happens to be within the boundaries of a rather decent working wine estate. I am drinking their reserve Sauvignon Blanc right now. Poor, poor pitiful me.

You, sir, always seem to draw the short straw :)

Spent the day reviewing and editing piles of work in between meetings, while successfully preventing meetings (that I'd need to attend) from being scheduled on coming Monday - I just need to keep it up for three more days. Now, doing more editing and reviewing while hoping for work to let us out a bit early now that they've upped the snow accumulation forecast.

The Headroom shipment for Saturday's meet arrived. Good timing as they were able to send many top tier cans for our enjoyment. Came home early to spend some time with the HD800 and D7000. No need to listen any further to the D7000. Tonight I'll listen more critically and compare with what I have. What fun!

I'll be taking off early both Wednesday and Thursday as well. There is literally that much gear to take in and enjoy.

Nope. I'm a canuck. I think I'm pretty sure I have told you this before but maybe not. I actually grew up in Barbados in the Caribbean.
Possibly -- my memory cells appear to have been replaced with some inert gelatinous substance. Apple butter?

Oh, and that's quite the incongruous pair of countries, if I may say so.

Possibly -- my memory cells appear to have been replaced with some inert gelatinous substance. Apple butter?

Oh, and that's quite the incongruous pair of countries, if I may say so.

You may :) I'm Canadian through my mother who was from there but otherwise I'm an island boy. I was born in Grenada and grew up until I was 16 in Barbados. It will always be home on one level.

did my taxes. this is the first time i've had a full year of a regular job, and i didn't quite know what to expect. i got info for all my possible deductibles, and i was disappointed to find that the standard federal deduction was better. i think that, instead of going out and spending my refund on a piece of audio gear, like i normally do, i'm going to hold on to it for a while.

I think most of our tax return is turning into a new roof. Ahh, joy of home ownership.

I don't usually use the wrist strap even though I think it's required, since they're usually broken on the school ones. I don't wear goggles, either, and haven't yet been hit in the eye. I didn't swap the racquet between hands all quick-like like with tennis players, depending on the angle of the ball, but now that you mention it I should try.

And yay Nebby! Are you thinking about attending the VA meet in March? :)

Got ambushed by the guys at lunch today. A cop came in asking about my car. I should have known there was no way a female cop would look that good, but it honestly didn't cross my mind. Then when she asked me to step out of the restaurant I saw a couple of the guys trying to hold back a snicker and caught onto the gig. She kept everything covered, but just. The waitresses gave me hell all through lunch, but it was fun.

I don't usually use the wrist strap even though I think it's required, since they're usually broken on the school ones. I don't wear goggles, either, and haven't yet been hit in the eye. I didn't swap the racquet between hands all quick-like like with tennis players, depending on the angle of the ball, but now that you mention it I should try.

And yay Nebby! Are you thinking about attending the VA meet in March? :)

There's a meet in March? I'd be up for it as long as it isn't during work hours :)

Got ambushed by the guys at lunch today. A cop came in asking about my car. I should have known there was no way a female cop would look that good, but it honestly didn't cross my mind. Then when she asked me to step out of the restaurant I saw a couple of the guys trying to hold back a snicker and caught onto the gig. She kept everything covered, but just. The waitresses gave me hell all through lunch, but it was fun.

Pics, or ....

ladycop.jpg

Did you take her back to your place so she could check out your wood?