What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent! I have been using contacts for nearly a decade now, prefer them by a huge margin to wearing glasses.

I've worn contacts off and on for 25 years or so. But I've worn specs since I was 4, so am used to the convenience. The thing that permanently killed my enthusiam for contacts was maybe two years ago, when I was in the car and convinced that one of them was scratching. I poked and fiddled with my eyeball so much I scratched my cornea - the damned thing had actually popped out on the car floor, so it never was in my eye! Made a real pigs breakfast of my eye by poking it with my finger while driving, and that more or less did it for me. So I'm back on specs. Just another stitch in life's rich tapesty.

Life, don't talk to me about life...

not as exciting as the st. vincent part, because truvalue ran out of lime.

It's been so long I have no idea about dating etiquette anymore. Is it rude to ask in the first 15 minutes of date #1 if there's going to be sex later?

Oh sure Steve, women love that!

The whole time I was typing that I was thinking...Shelly's going to read this, take me serious, and never talk to me at a meet again. :) But I think you know me well enough though to know that I'm completely full of shit, and I'm really more like Jim Gaffigan hiding behind a Sam Kinison mask.

The whole time I was typing that I was thinking...Shelly's going to read this, take me serious, and never talk to me at a meet again. :) But I think you know me well enough though to know that I'm completely full of shit, and I'm really more like Jim Gaffigan hiding behind a Sam Kinison mask.

Steve, you're really going to have to try much harder than that faze me. :D

Going to see the Australian Pink Floyd cover band with the Atlanta Symphony tonight. Then late dinner out with the Wife.

Oh yes - they are abso-fucking-lutely superb. Took my son (25) to see them in Birmingham UK last year when they were doing The Wall, and then some other stuff from UmmaGumma, Echoes, Dark Side etc to finish off. Rob has been a regular rock festival and concert goer since he was 16, and he chalked this APF gig as the best thing he had ever been to. Second row in the middle. Awesome.

Oh yes - they are abso-fucking-lutely superb. Took my son (25) to see them in Birmingham UK last year when they were doing The Wall, and then some other stuff from UmmaGumma, Echoes, Dark Side etc to finish off. Rob has been a regular rock festival and concert goer since he was 16, and he chalked this APF gig as the best thing he had ever been to. Second row in the middle. Awesome.

They are doing the entire DSOTM album and then 30-40 minutes of other PF stuff. Not sure how much the Symphony plays with, but I hope quite a bit.

Paid $65 for the privilege of my own "Geraldo" moment. No, not being thwacked in the face with a chair by a Nazi Skinhead. There's been a safe in the back of a closet in the MV cottage for longer than I've been alive. For as long as I've been in charge of the house, the safe has been open and empty. It has an interior compartment which was secured with a peculiar 19th century "flat steel" lock. The locksmith removed it in about 10 minutes, talked my ear off for another 20, and then gave me a bill. Of course the compartment was empty.