What did you do today?

riceboy

Spent six hours at work :(

Got home, and installed new drivers in my SR-Lambda - which fixed all of the problems I was having with them. Finally I can relax and comfortably listen to the fruits of my DIY labor...... Buffalo->Exstata->Lambda and some Gotan Project is just beautfiul :)

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off: G'luck, Thrice.

My day started with the knowledge that today was my planned last day at work. I planned on talking to my supervisor about the possibility of an extension. I finally caught him, and regrettably, the budget was already blown for staffing at this point. I wished him well and went on about my day. Fast forward to two hours before the end of the day. I come back from break, sit down to do a little more work, then I get a call. Normally I just reach down to silence the vibrations when I see on the caller ID that it is someone from the staffing agency calling. I walk out and take the call and it turns out they have 3 positions open and I scored incredibly well on a test they used (50% higher than what was called for). They talk to me about taking one more test and I was able to fit that in just an hour later. I have an interview that will be scheduled for either Tuesday or Wednesday, but right now it is looking good. I found out I had a glowing review from my supervisor. This along with having 1/3rd of a year working for the current company + my past experience with the post office, it seems to be all but a formality. If all goes as planned, I'll have next week off (Zoe's spring break, so needed it off anyways), then should be back at the new position the following Monday.

Good Friday indeed.

**BRENT**

MD... that's awesome! I'm crossing my fingers for you man!

On the house front... I'm trying to stay grounded... but man, do we want this house. It's nestled in the woods with two out buildings. One is a shed that can't be more than 2-4 years old and the other was labeled as an "office". Finished with electricity...etc. When we looked at it, my wife said, "Oh, yes, you can finally get all your tools and projects out of the house, it can be your little man cave"

Didn't even have to argue about it.... YES. Nice little closet in there for storing whiskey too.

Bowled a 149, then a 143. Pretty good for not having bowled in over half a year. But I think the lanes aren't really quite *right* at school, for some reason.

Played through first movements of Mozart Quartet No. 14 in G, Debussy in g, and Borodin No. 2 quartets.

Failed to run a 7.5 minute mile on the treadmill because I started out too fast and my stomach was a bit queasy. Thankfully did not throw up.