What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday 9 miles, rest today. Plan on 20 miles tomorrow - so crunch time on getting my ancient body half way fit for the London. Not looking forward, the first 20 is always a bitch. It gets easier afterwards.

Apart from that listening to music, cleaning CD's, making stands for the ESL57s...not enough time.

Spent the last two hours raking the leaves from last season that snow covered up before I got to them. Now time to go finish up setting up the raised beds.

I have to do about two acres of that. :palm:

bluduh.gif

I shoveled snow in the driveway.

Damn, dude.

---

I slept terribly, got up too early, packed up the car, caught a ferry boat, drove across the state, got home, felt like death warmed over under a McDonald's heat lamp, took a two hour now, just woke up and am now getting re-acquainted with my music system. I missed my Quads. Later tonight will be wah wah guitar, but right now it can has be food time please.

Slept in late, hung out with a friend of my uncle, listened to his vinyl rig which consisted of a Linn Sondek with Benz cart, cant recall the arm, Conrad Johnson phono stage, Adcom GFA555ii amp to some modded monitors, spinning a bunch of punk and post punk albums. It didn't suck. Then cookout.

Is your car broken down?

It has been for over 2 months. But it wasn't that, I just wanted to get some exercise in on a nice day.

Colin, that sounds like a pretty kickass rig, are you looking into a vinyl setup now? :D

Practiced basic strikes, suri-ashi and okuri-ashi, trying to maintain proper chudan. Needs more practice...

Barely slept at all. Again. I [TMI]'d but I didn't [TMI]. Drove my Subaru for the first time in two weeks. After driving the Golf TDI on the Vineyard, it's like learning how to drive all over again. The Golf's shifter is precise, and the clutch is (reasonably) forgiving. By comparison, the Subie's clutch is a harsh mistress with all the forgiveness of a Japanese dominatrix. OTOH, the 2.5L gas burner is downright peppy compared to the glacial Golf. It's nice to have my car back in driving condition.

Now I just to do something about the body work. broke.gif

Right now is lunch time. I think this afternoon I am going to take a nice walk and smoke a cigar + take some pix.

Bailed on the GF's family Easter brunch for some spring skiing @ Sunday River. 60 degrees plus, lots of snow and not a cloud in the sky.

Posted from the chairlift on my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

Nice. And it was just yesterday that Nate said you were so whipped.

Worked and then went to Easter dinner at the family summerhouse. It was fun thrashing the car a bit on the bendy road to and from there. Didn't dare go any faster then 160km/h as there was real danger of ice patches on the road (about -4

Congrats Sherwood.

Me: I shopped around for new tires for the Subaru after being informed that the ones on the car are in need of replacement. I have not yet managed to find a significantly better price than what the dealer quoted. :( I also arranged to go to Meineke to get my rear brake pads replaced and the rotors machined for less than half what the dealer quoted. :)

Welcome back Sherwood, had been wondering who you were stalking nowadays.

Well, shit. Just gave my iPod its last rites. dead.gif This has been a lousy year for me and Apple products. :-\

I've heard apple products go bad more quickly around other bad apple products. Something about electron pheromones or some such. Sorry you have had such ridiculously shitty luck. :(