What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left work early due to the flu that just refuses to go away - probably would've helped the matter had I listened to folks and stayed home on Tuesday or Wednesday. In any case, I'm now going to take a shot of NyQuil and going to sleep until much later than now.

Feel better Haj!

Watched the Ali Project concert DVD that was just released... I'm not quite sure what I just experienced, but I think this must be what LSD is like. My head is swimming, my ears are ringing, and I'm about to go sail the skies on this ninja velociraptor.

Watched the Ali Project concert DVD that was just released... I'm not quite sure what I just experienced, but I think this must be what LSD is like. My head is swimming, my ears are ringing, and I'm about to go sail the skies on this ninja velociraptor.

That is not what LSD is like, but then again, I don't know what a velocriator is, let alone what it's like. Hope you have fun.

I don't know what a velocriator is, let alone what it's like

Try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the other two 'raptors you didn't even know were there.

velociraptor.jpg

[EDIT] Awww crap, beaten! :D

Attempted to make up for the day I missed this week being ill. Sort-of succeeded.

Bought an RF cable for my housemate, who had apparently already got one the day before.

Bought a new #1.5 comb for my clippers. The idiot salesdroid kept calling an "inch and a half" comb, even though #1.5 = 3/16" :palm:

Bought a 5W CFL for my mum, so she can see to get to the washing machine.

Explained to mum that CFLs are fluorescent, and are more efficient when left on. Also explained that the 5W CFL consumed the same power as the 5W incandescent nightlight she had been using, even though the CFL was approximately 8x brighter.

Bought curtain rods for the front and back doors.

Determined that the screws for the the curtain rod brackets were too long.

Spent the better part of an hour finding suitable replacements.

Installed the curtain rod on the back door.

Got tired and hungry, gave up on the front door.

Bought a new #1.5 comb for my clippers. The idiot salesdroid kept calling an "inch and a half" comb, even though #1.5 = 3/16" :palm:

I never knew that. Thank you. I had my usual #2 clip today and was just reflecting that I'm almost getting too bald for that. The long march to full slaphead continues. :(