Deals

Dusty Chalk

Vinyl sale for So Calers unless you have an extreme vinyl jones and are willing to travel great distances for a sale.

THOUSANDS OF RECORDS

TO CHOOSE FROM

SELECT FROM A WIDE VARIETY

OF STYLES!!

LPs PRICED AS LOW AS $1.00

LOTS OF BARGAINS

CASH OR CREDIT

SATURDAY, APRIL 18TH and

SUNDAY APRIL 19TH

10am - 4pm EACH DAY

1035 N. ORANGE DR

LOS ANGELES, CA 90038

NEAREST MAJOR INTERSECTIONS:

Sta. Monica Blvd./ La Brea Ave. or

Sta. Monica Blvd./ Highland Ave.

FREE ADMISSION

Hope to see you,

TheMusic.com

http://www.themusic.com/

Finally got my WOOT batteries, despite what the packaging says both are completely discharged so I'll be curious to see how they last.

I am not sure "Ready to use" means charged up but the instructions say to charge them the first time for 8 hours before use. I am finally charging one up today and it seems to be working, according to the little blinky lights. :cool:

I see... I assumed that taking the drive off the sinks could make it fit into a laptop. A 10000rpm HDD would improve a lot any laptop performance.

I haven't looked into this drive for a long while, so memory is fuzzy, but I believe WD also came out with a server-grade Velociraptor that doesn't have the heatsink edges. I can only assume it was the proper 2.5" length, but I truthfully don't really remember.

Yeah, there's three of them, IIRC: there's the one that I and A.--- B.--- linked to, there's the more sleddy style that shows up in the first page of image search, and then there's the one without the sled at all (looks like a normal hard drive).

So yeah, you kind of need to be paying attention to what you're buying, but I think the price on all three are similar.

So yeah, I think I'll wait. Even if it doesn't come down below US$230 again any time soon, I just shouldn't be spending the US$200+ right now.