Deals

Dusty Chalk

I'm using it for greatly increased play time for the Ipod Touch. Like for two cross country plane trips in 3 days (canjam).

Basically as I understand it anything that can be charged or run from a USB power source will work off of one of these.

Yep, what he said. I will also keep one in my backpack to run my phone when I forget to charge it (which is more often than not) :palm:

If one of you guys got suckered in buying two or three just because you could, and don't really need them, I'd be interested in buying one, since woot doesn't ship to Canada.

I'd say odds are good that I won't need both. After they arrive and I've had a chance to check the Touch's run time with one I'll let you know. Or bug me in a couple weeks since my memory is like a sieve these days. :)

I'm wondering...

usb-powered hard drive. check.

usb-powered dac. check.

mini pc. check.

car stereo head unit w/ axillary input... check.

win?

Granted I already have an ipod wired to my glove box, but the above sounds so gloriously overkill and stupid, that it just may be worth doing :D

That sounds like the dumbest idea I have ever heard ;)

Wait, the USB dac will get power from this thing, but, doesn't the USB cable pull double duty receiving power AND data? How will you get your data then?

:confused:

I imagine it will all be plugged into a powered bus that is connected to or part of the computer.

Wait, the USB dac will get power from this thing, but, doesn't the USB cable pull double duty receiving power AND data? How will you get your data then?

:confused:

It'll be the blackest silence he's ever heard.

Actually, he's right, you don't want to actually be using the battery, you want to use it to recharge -- unless you have one of those devices that you can use while recharging (like a phone or an iPod).

Unless it has a pass-thru...looks like it has two ports...but it looks like they're both used for charging, one for charging other things, the other for charging this thing.

^^ Yeah, at least I think so.

Its all just a loose visualization I have in my head. Need to sketch it out first.

edit: i imagine I may also be able to integrate the cigarette lighter into the mix for the computer.

MP3Car.com - Your source for mobile computing solutions! - All Blog Entries

If you have any questions shoot me a PM.

It'll be the blackest silence he's ever heard.

Actually, he's right, you don't want to actually be using the battery, you want to use it to recharge -- unless you have one of those devices that you can use while recharging (like a phone or an iPod).

Unless it has a pass-thru...looks like it has two ports...but it looks like they're both used for charging, one for charging other things, the other for charging this thing.

On the Q+A page, it does say that data transfer is not available, only charging.

What I intend to do (i think) is use a dc-powered usb hub (that provides bus power to devices), and hook that to the XPAL. From there, hook the dac + drive to the hub. I dont remember if the mini pc (hp 2133 in my case) has bus power to its usb port, but it may not matter.