Welcome -=ChildoftheHorn=-

justin

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do not insult my friends. They both work co-ops doing work for well known companies (one doing balistics analysis, the other in FPGA/circuit design and are good at what they do).

If the company I work for has an urgent need for post it cubicle art you and your friends are the first people I will call.

So this thread is not an example of piling on and gang mentality? Please. At least the people calling for honesty from the threads subject should be honest and call it what it is.

You can take it as a criticism or an an observation and if it makes me a pussy in someones eyes, well I have been called worse.

I understand that you feel that way, but I am just wondering how a bunch of people bashing me would warrant a ban?

I didn't ask for this thread or the attention. It was brought upon me and I have tried to bear it with a smile. If people get it out of their system, all the better.

Did I name call? Just because I may see things differently does not mean that I am some aweful person.

I did join to set the record straight and then got bullied into revealing a project that was still not done.

Personally, I would have preferred anonymity and it was the way that I had browsed in the past. The wealth of information here is much more concise and doesn't involve filtering through a hundred "I have $100, reccomend me something" threads.

I call BULLSHIT on just about everything in this entire post

You are an attention seeking person with a real talent for "LOOK AT ME!!!!!" posts. I am sure you are not an evil person but you are a person that has a complete and utter lack of introspection. Nate and others have really tried with you and with each turn you have either purposely ignored their advice or have been completely oblivious to it.

If you prefer anonymity then maybe lay low for a bit learn a little and understand that after your track record on headfi you are going to have to earn a good reputation both here and there. One thing that makes me feel older and older each day is the feeling that new college grads do not understand the concept of respect is something you earn, it is not granted just because you think you are hot shit.

I would really encourage you to take a few days to ask yourself ' have I brought any of the shit on myself' , ' was there something I could have done different' and ' ' does the sun actually shine out of my ass or am I wrong about that'.

So this thread is not an example of piling on and gang mentality? Please. At least the people calling for honesty from the threads subject should be honest and call it what it is.

You can take it as a criticism or an an observation and if it makes me a pussy in someones eyes, well I have been called worse.

Are you sure you aren't more comfortable at HF?

I understand that you feel that way, but I am just wondering how a bunch of people bashing me would warrant a ban?

I didn't ask for this thread or the attention. It was brought upon me and I have tried to bear it with a smile. If people get it out of their system, all the better.

Did I name call? Just because I may see things differently does not mean that I am some aweful person.

I did join to set the record straight and then got bullied into revealing a project that was still not done.

Personally, I would have preferred anonymity and it was the way that I had browsed in the past. The wealth of information here is much more concise and doesn't involve filtering through a hundred "I have $100, reccomend me something" threads.

FTFY

Bullying of any kind is not acceptable.

-=special treatment=- :D

fuck, it's opinions like this that erode longstanding head-case principles.

Jim absolutely you are correct this is a pile on, but I ask you why does this occur with some people and not others. Why were people like you and I welcomed here and others treated to a pile on?

When I act like an asshole and someone calls me on it, I actually take a minute and think about it, consider the persons ideas and often realize hey they have a point. In this case there is zero introspection on her part. You are not a pussy for your post at all just empathetic to someone taking a hard hit.

Oh and the size thing is a bit harsh if I were a female I'd be a size 14 or larger for sure. I'd probably not disparage other female engineering students in my headfi profile though.

-=special treatment=- :D

fuck, it's opinions like this that erode longstanding head-case principles.

Your sarcasm detector is broken. ;)

She hasn't been bullied by anyone here as far as I know and don't know why she's claiming to have been. She sent me a PM in response to my question, that's as much as I know. If she got bullied by anyone I suspect it might have been at Head-Fi and even then bullied is probably the wrong word. She is working on a commercial venture and attempted to position her and her company by pseudo-innocent posts in several sub-forums at Head-Fi when she's been telling people for a while about what she was working on. What did she expect? She has only herself to blame for her venture becoming public.

The only secret kept secret is the one you don't talk about with anyone.

This is not directed at you jp.

Just wondering how much introspection some of the posters in this thread have about their own actions... How would they react in this sort of situation?

In retrospect, there have been things said that were mis-informed, brash, and just a plain "WTF?" reaction even from myself. Sometimes, I have a hard time describing things as well. Another thing is that my failures are not posted and I have a problem of admitting when I am wrong. Tried to change it, but when you are online - it is that much harder to write it down.

It is about as close of a formal apology as can be mustered right now.

I got excited when things really got working well and posted some of it. When someone asked how to make it themselves, just told them what I did and how I did it.

So here's some advice:

When you show up someplace new, don't jump right in with expert advice. Especially when no one asked for said advice. Participate as a person. If someone asks a question, and you know the answer, feel free to speak up. But don't do it in an "I'm the authority, here's the answer" way, suggest it as a possibility. Even if your answer is the only answer, humility makes a huge difference.

Another suggestion would be to not try and put yourself above others. Things like saying you're hotter than other female engineering students, or you've been in america since the mayflower make it sound like you're insecure and seeking approval. What it does instead is open you up for criticism. No one cares what you look like until you bring it up. Hell, most of us are fat and ugly, but we don't set ourselves up as anything else...

A large part of my weight right now is because of a medical issue that has only recently passed. If you want to now more about it - then PM me because that is not going to be discussed in public. sorry.

:palm:

Seriously, did you not read Dan's last post?

We

Don't

Care

Fat, skinny, or otherwise.

I realize you guys hate me - and you are free to.

I have stuff currently being tested by some respected members of the audio community that are not so blinded by their personal feelings. Please be patient and wait to see what they think. Just because you don't like me doesn't mean that the product sucks. I went through way too many prototypes to put out the stuff that sucks.

The website is a work in progress - please remember that.

It's an example of your lack of basic common understanding to conclude anyone here hates you. In fact, it's a cop out to assume any such thing: if you can toss off criticism and frustrated venting as hate, you don't need to look at the reasons behind our collective reaction to you or accept responsibility for your part in things. Does it make you feel more secure to label reactions to you as something they are not? You'd be missing a valueable point. Are you so lacking in humility that you can dismiss an entire group's opinions as unfounded? If so, you'd simply be confirming our conclusions.

Many folks here have gone out of their way to be helpful to you on head-fi, and many would, myself included, give you a break if you didn't continue to abort attempts at following help, if you chose to gain knowledge as opposed to profess knowledge you clearly don't yet own, and if you assumed a modicum of humility rather than, at every turn, finding ways to congratulate yourself on mediocrity posed as achievement, including your bra size.

I'm going to assume that you mean head-fi members such as skylab or headphoneaddict when you refer to "respected members of the audio community that are not so blinded by their personal feelings." I have nothing against either, but I'd question your own biases in choosing reviewers.

This is not directed at you jp.

Just wondering how much introspection some of the posters in this thread have about their own actions... How would they react in this sort of situation?

In retrospect, there have been things said that were mis-informed, brash, and just a plain "WTF?" reaction even from myself. Sometimes, I have a hard time describing things and not because it is bad, wrong, or otherwise - just a lack of ability in that regard. Another thing is that my failures are not posted and I have a problem of admitting when I am wrong. Tried to change it, but when you are online - it is that much harder to write it down.

It is about as close of a formal apology as can be mustered right now.

I got excited when things really got working well and posted some of it. When someone asked how to make it themselves, just told them what I did and how I did it.

Don't throw stones until you look at your actions a little more thoroughly. Don't minimize what's near criminal (lying about creditials for purpose of making a profit) and think intelligent readers won't notice. Although it's amusing to see you can "muster" a excuse (hard to post admitting you're wrong) and call it a formal apology, I wouldn't call it any such thing. If you want to start over here fresh, you need a different attitude. You want to gain some respect, think before you post, assume that you know less than most people on this site, whether it's about making cables, building amps, evaluating sq, or getting along with people, and start those changes now.

EDIT: and for the record, I, too, know less than most people on this site. That's a big reason I hang out here.

Edited by boomana

FWIW I have a CS degree myself and have been working in a software company for almost 4 years now but I still wouldn't call myself a computer scientist or a software engineer, since I haven't been doing applications development in my line of work.

It took me over ten years after graduation (CS) before I even began to think I might possibly, maybe--with huge reservation-- entertained the whisper of a twinkling of a thought that I possibly have started to earn my non-trivial professional opinions.

Are you sure you aren't more comfortable at HF?

Absolutely not. Then I would miss all your gaffs.

Jim absolutely you are correct this is a pile on, but I ask you why does this occur with some people and not others. Why were people like you and I welcomed here and others treated to a pile on?

When I act like an asshole and someone calls me on it, I actually take a minute and think about it, consider the persons ideas and often realize hey they have a point. In this case there is zero introspection on her part. You are not a pussy for your post at all just empathetic to someone taking a hard hit.

Oh and the size thing is a bit harsh if I were a female I'd be a size 14 or larger for sure. I'd probably not disparage other female engineering students in my headfi profile though.

I totally agree with you, just stating an opinion about what I saw happening. I do not necessarily have a problem with piling on (and aerius) but I do have a problem with someone not recognizing it as happening when it is clearly so.

Did she bring it on herself, well that is an individual decision. Teaching college undergraduates and having a four-year old son (Go Power rangers) has been very good in teaching me to be a bit more tolerant and to practice "Hakuna Matata" because life is too short.

I don't expect anyone to be me or act like me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, except aerius.