Welcome -=ChildoftheHorn=-

justin

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This company benefits from their experience as all of them are professional engineers. You get professional quality by trained engineers.

You've gotta be kidding me with this statement if the 3 people comprising SARN-Industries are currently college students. Students are NOT "trained engineers." Until at least one of you has graduated with a degree in engineering AND has been working in the field for a while, none of you are engineers, because being a graduate doesn't mean one is a trained engineer either, it takes work experience. Academic experience is not the same thing as "training" when it comes to this field. Someone needs to get off their high horse and call this group for what it is, a group of engineering students, not "professional engineers."

FWIW I have a CS degree myself and have been working in a software company for almost 4 years now but I still wouldn't call myself a computer scientist or a software engineer, since I haven't been doing applications development in my line of work.

Originally Posted by sarn-industries.com

This company benefits from their experience as all of them are professional engineers. You get professional quality by trained engineers.

three kids in a dorm room with a leaky roof sharing a soldering iron is more like it

Good luck with your cable company, you may be a year too late as the space is already pretty crowded.

I would like to officially state my desire that not all of Vicki's advice be followed. This thread is fine without pictures.

Come on. Just think how useful those pictures would be when you have the hiccups.

I realize you guys hate me - and you are free to.

I have stuff currently being tested by some respected members of the audio community that are not so blinded by their personal feelings. Please be patient and wait to see what they think. Just because you don't like me doesn't mean that the product sucks. I went through way too many prototypes to put out the stuff that sucks.

The website is a work in progress - please remember that.

You are mistaking a lack of respect for hate. They are not the same things.

three kids in a dorm room with a leaky roof sharing a soldering iron is more like it

Good luck with your cable company, you may be a year too late as the space is already pretty crowded.

Or two or three.

Wow - all you are proving is just how much you don't know.

So your website says you three "professional engineers" met on your first day of college, so what is it that we are getting wrong? At best, you are engineering students and you might want to consider the issue of false advertising before SARN Industries gets too far along on it path to world domination. :rolleyes:

And as for the hate thing, Guzzi has it right. I don't hate you at all, but I disrespect you on many levels that you reconfirm on a daily basis. Your inauspicious first day on Head-Case is a prime example. Disdain is about as much as I can muster in terms of feelings about you, but you love the attention so much that I am going to do my best to ignore you and hope you go away or get banned quickly for the asshat that you are.

so are your cables warmly nuetral or nuetrally warm?

If we are wrong that's cool but you make it so damn confusing, first you show us your third world dorm room then your "companies" web page invokes imagines of engineers running around in white lab coats. Why not just tell the truth, plenty of sucessfull companies started in dorm rooms or garages, HP and Dell for example. You lose credibility in a landslide when at every turn you pretend to be something you are not (knowledgeable)

I sometimes have to disagree with my fellow Headcasers and this is one of those times. I think you should post pics of your tits, with your cables delicately wrapped around them. Ignore the haters, I promise I'll consider them in a totally unbiased manner and give an honest evaluation after looking at them for a sufficient period of time.

I sometimes have to disagree with my fellow Headcasers and this is one of those times. I think you should post pics of your tits, with your cables delicately wrapped around them. Ignore the haters, I promise I'll consider them in a totally unbiased manner and give an honest evaluation after looking at them for a sufficient period of time.

I'm with you, Smeggy. And I also propose a new motto for Head-Case based on other people's reactions:

'The only internet forum where we don't want to see your boobs'

I am living in on-campus apartments this year.

Last year, I used one of the engineering labs wth the permission of the professor in charge of that lab. The dorms were far too dismal for me to spend any large amount of time in there.

This summer, I have been using the work benches in the basement office. It is a fitted workstation wth built-in cabinets, drawers, tool racks, etc.

I have a workstation during the school year which is a set of drawers filled with supplies on rollers and a work table that is appx 1M x 0.5M where I normally house my soldering station, heat gun, and other electric tools (dremel, etc.). It didn't get much use last year because I mostly used the engineering labs as they had better facilities and fewer distractions.

Please do not insult my friends. They both work co-ops doing work for well known companies (one doing balistics analysis, the other in FPGA/circuit design and are good at what they do).

I really don't want to see them.

You call it a manatee, I call it a sea cow.

I understand that you feel that way, but I am just wondering how a bunch of people bashing me would warrant a ban?

I didn't ask for this thread or the attention. It was brought upon me and I have tried to bear it with a smile. If people get it out of their system, all the better.

Did I name call? Just because I may see things differently does not mean that I am some aweful person.

I did join to set the record straight and then got bullied into revealing a project that was still not done.

Personally, I would have preferred anonymity and it was the way that I had browsed in the past. The wealth of information here is much more concise and doesn't involve filtering through a hundred "I have $100, reccomend me something" threads.