Welcome -=ChildoftheHorn=-

justin

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone even read that audiofool gobbledygook on cable websites? Take a look at GE's site, no nonsense and just the facts. Makes me want to get one. [/shill]

I do. I then usually write them a email asking for any research or white papers they may have on the nonsense they are spouting. So far nothing.

Stacy,

Every time you brag about being a Northwestern engineering student the way you apparently do (which is news to me, as I haven't been on Head-fi), it does an incredible disservice to the university and is pretty damn insulting to your fellow students. Your actions impact your peers, too.

If you want to talk about overenthusiastic business ventures or sudden reality checks, ask me sometime about stuff I played around with in high school or a wonderful letter I received from the university after freshman year. In some ways, I've been where you are, so maybe we can talk. Also, I'm curious how Nic and Jon got involved in this (I assume its them), but that can be left for that time too.

Anyway, game tomorrow. You should be there. 'Cats win. Please take all of this seriously. Lurk more. Listen to people. Reread the advice posts in this thread carefully. Not sure what else to say right now.

Matt

I'm willing to extend a benefit of the doubt to you that since the site is not yet finished, you haven't thoroughly thought things through. However, if you believe your cables possess these qualities, and if you are genuinely confident that all your cables do as you have claimed, and stand by your statements, send them to me for testing. I have very revealing headphones, and a few other docks and cables with which I can compare. I would report a full review as accurately as my ears and vocabulary allow in describing what I hear, and would offer praise if praise is due. This is a real offer. Feel free to respond here or by pm.

:popcorn:

I do. I then usually write them a email asking for any research or white papers they may have on the nonsense they are spouting. So far nothing.

Oh, you're forgetting that university research that Virtual Dynamics did! You know, the one where the "researchers" couldn't figure out why they couldn't do a 10khz square wave with a computer sound card.

Oh, you're forgetting that university research that Virtual Dynamics did! You know, the one where the "researchers" couldn't figure out why they couldn't do a 10khz square wave with a computer sound card.

I suppose they were just using a 16/44.1 capable card, otherwise they could have managed to generate such signal... or not? What frequency do reach the higher harmonics of a 10KHz square wave?

sound cards cannot add enough fundamentals to generate the same quality square wave that even $.10 IC can.

Fundamentals? Any 16/44.1 card should create a rather perfect 10KHz fundamental sine wave. The problems come from the harmonics that a perfect square wave has, which are above the 20KHz limit of 16/44.1 digital.

Maybe they couldn't do it because they were "researchers" and not "professional engineers".