New RSA amp...

penger

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He expects perfection and we all know that the BH is far from good enough and will not hold it's value compared to the sheer awesomeness of the A-10. Who needs those huge heatsinks to provide ample current at any voltage when you have a SRPP output stage which isn't even linear into a capacitive load.

3 month delivery time, eh? Something doesn't seem right there.

Something really is not right here. Why is the introductory price for the first 10 secret? AFAIK, Ray has never done that before. I wonder if the fact that the BHSE is now shipping has pushed Ray to announce sooner than he wanted to.

Guest sacd lover
Something really is not right here. Why is the introductory price for the first 10 secret? AFAIK, Ray has never done that before. I wonder if the fact that the BHSE is now shipping has pushed Ray to announce sooner than he wanted to.

He has done introductory pricing for higher ticket items before. I know for sure he did for the Stealth.

He has done introductory pricing for higher ticket items before. I know for sure he did for the Stealth.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Ray has done a lot of introductory pricing before. However, he always proudly gave the introductory and later prices. The fact that it's secret is out of character. I suspect that he is still in negotiation with the builder and doesn't have a final price yet, so the intro price is secret.

He's almost always done introductory pricing, in fact I can't remember I time when he did not. But the odd thing here is that in the past any time Ray has posted an announcement thread he's had product on hand to ship immediately, even with the B52 (again if my memory serves me correctly). [edit]after further thought this might not be correct[/edit] So in this instance to announce things saying that he would be posting a price and internal pics soon and then to have not posted in that thread for two weeks now seems rather out of character and not in keeping with the original announcement. The 3 month lead time, well I just don't know what to make of that other than to say it doesn't seem like Ray's SOP.

I've been bored so I went through Ray's post history. As far as I can see, he's always had his intro post more or less complete with a regular and intro price. The incremental stuff is definitely not normal for him. The B52 had a posted intro price $4500 ($5350 is regular) and the Apache had an intro price of $2495. All of his recent portable stuff (Tomahawk, P51, etc..) has had that. I'm going to have to say he's trying to get into Justin's second order cycle for the BHSE.

In ray's B52 mall-fi thread he posted that 2 B52's shipped, and 2 more were burning in (I assume sold) just over a month after the thread went up.

On the other hand, he first showed a cased prototype of the B52 about 6 months before his intro thread at the first national meet.

The guess that this is a rushed job does not sound so far-fetched.

I haven't paid much attention to his previous introductory threads, but it seems that there was/is very little traffic in this one. Did it really go about a week between posts? (oops, 5 days).

Maybe he is questioning whether there is a market for this?

Was that before or after he was desperately searching for the Stax wiring and even sending out his shills to try and get the info from us (which a 10 second Google search would locate)?

he asked me how to wire the jacks at CanJam, which means he had never plugged a headphone into an amp design at that time. jamato's thread was a few weeks before that: Who knows what the pin out is for Stax and Sennheiser electrostatics? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Edited by justin