HD800 Impressions

tkam

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gsichip.jpg

THIS.

you may laugh (and I encourage it) but I actually own one of those.

If its any consolation, I got it for free from a speaker builder/dealer of other audio products who received a case of them as samples but could not bring himself to sell them because the MFR would not/could not explain how it worked to his satisfaction.

I have never treated a CD with it so it should still have all 10 "treatments" on it. I have however used it as a card-holder in my weekly Texas-holdum game when my normal card holder (a cube made of 6 2X4 lego blocks) was not findable. I am supremely confident that this mystical device has no effect on poker cards. Despite rubbing vigorously before looking at my cards (and repeating to try to change them mid hand when I was the big blind) I didnt get a single winning hand that night. I did manage to steal quite a few chips with placebo raises and bully tactics but people quickly realized I wasn't catching shit and I took the long drive home early in the night...

sadly, that's not the dumbest misunderstanding of quantum mechanics i've read on the internet. and at least he isn't trying to use that "interpretation" to sell something.
The more I think about this, the more I have to believe he's got to be kidding.

Please. Be kidding. (clasps hands together, gazes skywards...beatifically...)

I don't think he has a particularly active sense of humor, so I'm guessing he was for real with that post. Don't you remember just recently the I can smell her breath it's so real posts when he was all excited about his new toy. He's over the top with everything. The best thing is that he'll be onto something new soon enough.

If its any consolation, I got it for free from a speaker builder/dealer of other audio products who received a case of them as samples but could not bring himself to sell them because the MFR would not/could not explain how it worked to his satisfaction.

I have never treated a CD with it so it should still have all 10 "treatments" on it. I have however used it as a card-holder in my weekly Texas-holdum game when my normal card holder (a cube made of 6 2X4 lego blocks) was not findable. I am supremely confident that this mystical device has no effect on poker cards. Despite rubbing vigorously before looking at my cards (and repeating to try to change them mid hand when I was the big blind) I didnt get a single winning hand that night. I did manage to steal quite a few chips with placebo raises and bully tactics but people quickly realized I wasn't catching shit and I took the long drive home early in the night...

Well of course it's not gonna work if you look at it... dumbass.:)

You're supposed to put it in the freezer for a week with the deck of cards and a picture of you... DUH!

For the medical scientists:

If a blind person is looking in the direction of the cables, does this count? I mean, the person is blind, but they still have eyes, they just aren't functional. Do cables count this as looking?

For the naturalists:

What if I hide all my cables from sight, but a bug is looking at it? An ant, a roach, a spider...

And for the theologians:

How do I stop GOD from looking at my cables? He sees everything! ALL THE TIME!

• 2 weeks later...

Not to de-rail this thread (or re-rail as the case may be), but I had my first listen to the HD800 yesterday.

Al brought his APS cabled 800s to Austin, and I had to plug 'em into the β22. This combo is remarkable! Al was gracious enough to lend them to me until the Houston meet on the 17th, so more to follow after I've had some time with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I know everyone is like soo over the HD800 -- gag me with a JH13 -- but these puppies are wicked with a good analog source. That slightly clinical edge is perfectly set off by the more natural and energetic presentation you can get from vinyl. In fact, for the first time, I prefer listening to the Senns over the Quads. They grew balls, Dinny! :)