HD800 Impressions

tkam

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If shortening the cable makes the HD800 as good as the HE-90. Maybe plugging the IC socket directly into the amp would make it sound twice as good as the HE-90? I'm just sayin *shrug*

Maybe some of Steve's great advice would help (replace K701 with HD800):

You know, it's funny that nobody here has mentioned it yet, but here at Head-Case we've had a fantastic discovery. Now we are a little bit secretive about it, so don't go telling non members about it please.

OK, here's what you do...Take your headphones, in your case the AKG K701 (the K701 really is a great headphone for this discovery BTW), cut off the existing TRS phono plug at the end of the cable. Now stay with me here and follow my instructions to the tee, or this won't work properly. Strip about 5 inches of bare wire from the end of the cable (all three or four wires, depending on your specific cable). Now here's where you need to follow the instructions very carefully...PLACE THE HEADPHONES ON YOUR HEAD BEFORE MOVING TO THE NEXT STEP!

Now here's where there's a little discrepency between members, some say to place the wires directly into your homes electrical outlet at this point, but I prefer the sound quality from method #2...Take all the bare wires and twist them together. Are you done twisting the wires? OK, now take the bare wires with a little bit of Crisco (trademarked) and slide them as far up your ass as you can get them.

No, farther than that, you can do it!

Now fart!

Well, did anyone actually try the iPoop mod?

I thought personal experience is mandatory here -- before you ridicule an idiotic modification.;)

I'd like to try it since a similar cheap trick once did work well in transforming a L3000 from mediocre to quite good so a change of the HD800s to even better is not entirely impossible but I don't own T-shirts except two $70 boutique T-shirts .....

Oh wait, that would turn this cheap trick into a high end modification by utilizing selected boutique parts.:cool:

Well, did anyone actually try the iPoop mod?

I thought personal experience is mandatory here -- before you ridicule an idiotic modification.;)

I'd like to try it since a similar cheap trick once did work well in transforming a L3000 from mediocre to quite good so a change of the HD800s to even better is not entirely impossible but I don't own T-shirts except two $70 boutique T-shirts .....

Oh wait, that would turn this cheap trick into a high end modification by utilizing selected boutique parts.:cool:

That's only if the mod in question has any plausibility whatsoever. Like shortening a cable :palm:

Jizz is nearing ignore list if I wasn't too lazy to actually doing it.