Apple Tablet

Dinny, I think you should get that case and then of course sell me your Apple case. :D On a serious note, does anyone know where I can get an Apple case without waiting for a month or paying $80. I keep waiting for the cases on Apple's site to say "Ships: Within 24hrs" but the timeline just keeps getting longer. Was 1-2 weeks, now it is 2-3 weeks. :(

For those wanting to go cheap on a Belkin Grip Vue-like case and willing to take a chance on headphone plug holes, generally fitting, etc. found the below:

PCMICROSTORE APPLE IPAD TPU CRYSTAL SKIN CASE - CLEAR WAVE DESIGN / PCMicroStore.com

Use code "IPAD30OFF" to drop it to $15 w/ free shipping. $35 less than the Belkin. Ordered one tonight so can report back.

Received this today. A bit more give than the Belkin, but closer in tightness than I expected. Headphone jack hole larger than Belkin. Just fits the AT/Sony screw-type (so Grado still likely an issue). Other openings slightly larger including the dock, which may help. Overall a quality shape and fit (at least initially, though as TPU hope it holds). Thought the design on the photo was light reflection (yeah, I know - the name), but it's actually there. Looks decent though.

What do you guys think of the 2 Marware cases at the top of this page:

iPad Cases

Also, maybe we need an iPad Accessories thread?

I think those both look good, Dinny, but I have only used an iPad in the store for 5 minutes. I like the idea of the hand strap for casual use, the flip open stand and the kick stand. Good options.

I tested with the iPod Mini and it's a no go. I will test the video on the iPhone at lunch. While you can use the camera on your iPhone with it tethered to the iPad, I'm not sure there is any advantage to this. You can just take pictures with the iPhone and then connect to the iPad and move them over easily. It works the same for video. I have not been able to figure out how to use it as a video cam where you can see on the iPad what you see on the iPhone. I thought there was someone that figured out how to do this on one of the mac forums.

I just dug up my old Think Outside BT portable fold up keyboard, which I could never get to pair with my old Palm TX. Took a bit to remember how to even open and close it and how to put it in discover mode, but once I did, it paired up right away to the iPad!

I am tempted to get another Pico Amp/DAC for the iPad but I think I will wait for a good jb (Spirit doesn't appear to be there yet) or the release of 4.0 for multitasking. It's pointless to listen to music on the iPad if you can't multitask while listening.

I know but I find myself listening to XM and Rhapsody a lot. I also try to keep the memory open for tv shows and movies on the pad.

Mike, from what I've heard OS 4.0 isn't coming to the iPad until the fall so it's going to be a while before you get multitasking.