Apple Tablet

My iPad mini has been stuck in Tennessee since 2PM Sunday for "clearance delay". On the 15th the Apple website said I was supposed to get it tomorrow, now it shows Wednesday. Spoke to someone at Apple and they say the clearance delay "is routine" but normally doesn't show up when checking tracking, and I should have it on time.

I told them "on time" was tomorrow. They refunded me my $6 for the 2-3 day shipping, and so now it's not their problem anymore and they wont call FedEX to find out why the tracking shows that FedEx is "waiting for instructions from importer".

i'm currently using a 3GS, and it's just fine. i remember what happened with the 3G (i was affected, though i was one of the few who managed to downgrade), and this is not even vaguely like that. come on, Nate.

Come on what? I'm glad your hardware is running fine, I know others who aren't feeling the same way about their 3GS. I freely admit that my issues with them are not the norm, nor do I think the love that gets expressed here is entirely unbiased. I'll say again what I've said before, I don't think anyone is making a perfect phone at this point from an OS or hardware pespective and both could learn a few lessons from each other if they weren't so bullheaded in their desire to not be like the other guy. I also don't get why each side feels it's necessary to be so over the top/defensive in their criticism, hell I'm guilty of being that way so I should just shut up.

how many Android devices are running anything vaguely current?

I don't understand why this matters? If the phone has an OS on it that does what the user wants I could care less if it's the latest and greatest. But again, this is something that Google should be working on since it is an issue for some customers, specifically those left laggin way behind on versions of the OS that do have real issues. But this is also an issue for the hardware manufacturers who insist on putting their own little stamp on everything. It's the reason I left Motorolla - the hardware was great, their flavor of the OS was wretched. Samsung is better but if the ecosystem is still the same the next time that I upgrade I'll go with hardware that lets me run an unfiltered version of Android.

Ok, now I'm really shutting up.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm not sure how likely that someone will have this combination, but if you have a ZAGG InvisibleSHILED on your iPad, I'd avoid getting SmartSuit from Joy Factory or any of their case with front cover (and get a different screen protector than InvisibleSHILED if you already have a Joy Factory case).  Whatever dye they use on the front cover gets absorbed by InvisibleSHILED, leaving faint lines matching the folding crease on the cover.  Joy Factory is aware of this fact and they're sending me their own screen protector free of charge that supposedly does not exhibit this problem.

• 1 month later...

What are poeple's recommendtion for screen sharing/remote logging into macs from iPad now-a-days?

I've been using the free app Mocha VNC for that, and I can access and control any mac in the house while I'm in the house, as long as I know the internal IP address.

But I can only seem to access the iMac from the outside when I'm not in the house (using the external IP address), so I had to get a LogMeIn account to access my rMBP from outside the house until I figure things out.  My rMBP seems to have the same external IP address.  But I know I must be looking at something wrong, and maybe I just need to open a different port on the rMBP or on the router.  I just can't recall how I set it up with the iMac the first time around.

LogMeIn seems to work really well, is speedy, and easier to mouse around with, but it's has a monthly charge with it (under $10/mo if I recall).