Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, how is the Crack? Still sounding good now that the CJ honeymoon listening period is over? This project is very interesting to me with my extremely limited skill set.

My opinion, having not heard it but built and listened to several amps like it, is that if you have Senns (300ohm) it'll sound very good. Otherwise its high output impedance (120ohm) could be very hit or miss.

Still, I bet it would be a fun cheap build.

I'm still lovin' my Crack.

Hmm, that didn't sound like I meant it to (or maybe it did!).

I'm finding that it does a great job with my ATH AD2000's which are lower impedance but also, high sensitivity.

With the Speedball upgrade (CCS on each tube) the bass on the 2000's is the best I've heard it. Super tight, clean and lower than I'm used to hearing it.

I listened to ASR's HD800's and I probably shouldn't have. Except for the Silver Ghost and the Pinnacle, I think it's the best I've heard 'em.

Now I'm trying to scrap up enough to buy a pair.

The price on the kit has skyrocketed to $219 with the Speedball still at $99. I think it's a total giant killer and about the easiest kit you could ever want.

So far, the only cans that I've tried on it that makes it run out of steam are the K701's.

I probably should have mentioned by now that I had a great time at CanJam, as always! Big thanks to Jim, Ryan, KG, etc., for all that they did to make it such a spectacular event. It's just insane that we have people in our ranks who are willing to spend countless hours for month on end to plan a party of this scale down to the last detail, but that's what makes so much fun for all of us to be a part of the community for so long. You guys sure did Chicago proud!

I gotta listen to Ari's 800s and someone's RS-1s on the Ghost using my source and vowee, the sound was so fair!!!

Superb amp and totally satisfying setup.

X2. That was the first time I really LIKED listening to a HD800. The Ghost was thoroughly enjoyable! And listening to Ari's explanation of circuit design and parts choice, though mostly over my head, was a treat unto itself!

Location: The entrance to the Chicago Cultural Center [Washington and Michigan Ave] ...

The plaque reads ....

" In 1999 a heard of fiberglass cows united citizens., visitors, artists, businesses through a unique community based public art event. The bronze cow is a gift to all Chicagoans in gratitude for the support of the cows and other art in public places. A gift to the city of Chicago from the Hanig family and anonymous donors.

November, 2001.

Bronze Cow cast at Wagner Foundary, Inc., Chicago, IL. "

Taken from - Public Art in Chicago: Bronze Cow