Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Sonic-D

In terms of things I am thankful for this year:

A steady job, a house, sufficient food and clothing, and relative good health for the majority of my friends and loved ones.

And, without getting too cheesy, I am very thankful for this group of kindred spirits, who make my life that much richer.

Hear hear, even in this thread started by some douchy guy with an ALO amp and IEMs he likes to post pictures of.

I started the day sawing and chopping and clipping a whole lot of wisteria from the front of Mayberry. It pulled down a rain gutter and was starting to threaten parts of the railing and such, so it had to be tamed. Here are a couple shots of the pile of vanquished vines.

web.jpg?ver=12593046410001

web.jpg?ver=12593046440001

Those of you who have visited Mayberry will recognize from the after shots that a whole lot of vine had to come down. It had been all the way up and covering the corrugated porch roof. More came down than I had hoped, actually, but some just couldn't be supported after extricating the porch railings that were pulled out of place, etc. It grows like crazy, so it will be back in no time.

web.jpg?ver=12593055500001

web.jpg?ver=12593046380001

Afterwards, I had a beer on the porch and then went to Thanksgiving at my sister's house with 40 other people from my family, her husband's family, andmy wife's family. Two turkeys, 30 lbs. of mashed potatos (ridiculous), three kinds of stuffing (classic, veggie, and meat), two salads, 4 bags of rolls, two green bean dishes, vegetarian pasta, Nigella Lawson's sweet potato recipe with marshmellow topping, 2 kinds of gravy, cranberry sauce, 8 pies (4 pumpkin, 3 pecan, one berry), package of Trader Joes brownie bites (Grahame should have been there to microwave them though), beer, wine, etc, Good times.

• 2 years later...