Jump to content
thrice

The Headcase Stax thread

Recommended Posts

A technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic stupidity, you guys.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevin gilmore said:

the connectors are nice, he should sell those.

I agree, those are very nice indeed. 

11 minutes ago, dripf said:

This 007 appears to be brand new despite the scruffy case wrapping. It sounds and feels really nice. All is great.

Could be old stock but I doubt it.  Most likely Stax just enjoy messing with us...  ;) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone last year in this thread got a new 007a with a 2300 serial so getting 2406 today suggests current production to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp happy to say I think I'll be joining the Stax gang finally!

I wound up picking up one of the CCS Modded SRM 007tA's from @spritzer I'm sure it'll be lovely for my ESP 95X but I'm curious if any one has any experience with the CCS Modded Tube amps for 009? Ideally I'd like a bright/lean Stax to compliment my some what dark 95X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not an expert but aren't Stax plug already balanced?

Stupid: Yeah but I got a 3D printer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All Stax are balanced and even if an amp has two outputs... they are wired in parallel with both channels at both sockets.  What benefit could be had from this is very dubious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the guy though it would be a headphone equivalent of loudspeaker bi-wiring?

Shotgun cables is the term used I believe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Katyusha said:

Save your money,  you don't need the 007 because your 009BK is the best.😛


0C67E108-17A6-49E3-B1FE-DD3F1DB77648.jpeg.7d4d2b242b478b363d525aebb0fb8bd4.jpeg

E8C74492-255D-4E5B-8A4F-F9E81B8E9688.png.6874a540bafc30e074a94b4e4d67d492.png

Edited by morphsci
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Katyusha said:

Again,  007 is NOT the king of electrostatic!  009 is the TRUE flagship of Stax! 🤪

According to STAX :palm: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Katyusha said:

Again,  007 is NOT the king of electrostatic!  009 is the TRUE flagship of Stax! 🤪

Just because a manufacturer labels something a flagship does not make it better than a previous flagship. But you wouldn’t know that since you are simply a troll.

1BEE1D48-CE6F-452E-BFA3-DFEAC4A5E468.jpeg.c22d298be16b4ab62a35156602674d39.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 3:30 PM, Katyusha said:

Save your money,  you don't need the 007 because your 009BK is the best.😛

4F0722E6-9766-4758-A969-567B49F446FA.jpeg.5134345816c3fe60422543d218edc831.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Katyusha said:

Again,  007 is NOT the king of electrostatic!  009 is the TRUE flagship of Stax! 🤪

There's a thread over at HF for you to share this knowledge.

@Lord_Rexter

As much as I love the SR-009BK, most of the time I reach for the SR-007 Mk1 more. They're more genre friendly.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mach3 said:

There's a thread over at HF for you to share this knowledge.

@Lord_Rexter

As much as I love the SR-009BK, most of the time I reach for the SR-007 Mk1 more. They're more genre friendly.

In a perfect world I'd want both, but seeing as I have a Koss 95X I don't really need something tuned like 007, I'm likely going to pick up a 009 my self to compliment my 95X.

Now when the time comes, yes I'm 100% going to add a 007 MK 1 to my collection as I think both 009 and 007 can/are complimentary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, billqs said:

@Katusha Did you read your welcome message? If not, I would strongly suggest finding it.

 He doesn't really need to worry about reading it. #shoveled 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there are a few more in this thread lately that should shut up, or reading their welcome message or getting the shovel. Please, Nate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 4:58 PM, morphsci said:

Just because a manufacturer labels something a flagship does not make it better than a previous flagship. But you wouldn’t know that since you are simply a troll.

 

Agreed, And if "flagship" product refers to the most expensive model in the line, my experience is that it does not guarantee that the more expensive model necessarily outperforms the less expensive ones.

I have both the 007 and 009 on hand, I like them both. Each has its merits and faults. In addition to the music genre, I pick which one to listen with based on my mood-swing and sometimes the alignment of the moon and sun.     

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 3:36 PM, OakForestAudio said:

In a perfect world I'd want both, but seeing as I have a Koss 95X I don't really need something tuned like 007, I'm likely going to pick up a 009 my self to compliment my 95X.

Now when the time comes, yes I'm 100% going to add a 007 MK 1 to my collection as I think both 009 and 007 can/are complimentary 

I've got Koss 950, so unless the Koss 95X sounds totally different from the 950. Which I doubt, I don't see how 007 Koss 95X tuned alike.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see something coming for a couple of accounts being the same user.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 3:32 AM, Mach3 said:

I've got Koss 950, so unless the Koss 95X sounds totally different from the 950. Which I doubt, I don't see how 007 Koss 95X tuned alike.

I agree. I do think the Koss 95X/950 can sound good, especially if you liberate them from the pedestrian energizer they come with and use whichever better amp you use to play your STAX, but they aren't really similar to the 007.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, billqs said:

I agree. I do think the Koss 95X/950 can sound good, especially if you liberate them from the pedestrian energizer they come with and use whichever better amp you use to play your STAX, but they aren't really similar to the 007.

 

On 7/13/2020 at 4:32 AM, Mach3 said:

I've got Koss 950, so unless the Koss 95X sounds totally different from the 950. Which I doubt, I don't see how 007 Koss 95X tuned alike.

Good feed back thank you! An yea I've got a nice CCS Modded SRM007tA that should be liberation enough

Imo 007 when I've heard it had been very "thick" real mid focused presentation and not quite energetic enough up top for my tastes, 95X is imo slightly thick, relative to an HD 800, and not quite energetic enough up top at all times 

Still to be frank the idea is to get a hold of 009 and work my way thru reviewing literally everything else I can get, so I can have my own opinion of them all. But I've heard 009 dozens of time and it's always been MORE than energetic to my ears and never came off as quite like 95X does and 007 when I've heard it in the past

Now let me ask this, how do you guys who own them presently feel 007 MK 2.9 differs from 95X and 009?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...