slower forum

Knuckledragger

Because this country doesn't have any more serious problems congress should be addressing?

This is congress we are talking about they pass resolutions for all sortsof stupid shit. Also that response is pure bull too, but using that argument nothing would ever get done.

I support it because it annoys the hell out of me that Google couldn't possibly enforce copyrights at all in one breath but then starts a program that contacts the content owners to offer revenue sharing (of course not pulling said video down). They aren't protecting users they are protecting their revenue streams.

This is congress we are talking about they pass resolutions for all sortsof stupid shit. Also that response is pure bull too, but using that argument nothing would ever get done.

I support it because it annoys the hell out of me that Google couldn't possibly enforce copyrights at all in one breath but then starts a program that contacts the content owners to offer revenue sharing (of course not pulling said video down). They aren't protecting users they are protecting their revenue streams.

Wait, because you're annoyed at google doing something greedy, it should be possible for a website to be taken down on a whim without due process? And even if it's just because one user linked to a site that has something copyrighted? I'm not saying that's what would happen, but that's the power you'd be allowing.

Exactly. Your point may be valid but in response to that point you're letting tools out into the wild that can be abused in incredible ways. Tools that will stay long after the current administration, congress, senate, w/e is out of power unless they're struck down by the supreme court. So you're essentially gambling on them not being abused in the long term, and historical precedent is not on your side.

Edited by catscratch

Wait, because you're annoyed at google doing something greedy, it should be possible for a website to be taken down on a whim without due process? And even if it's just because one user linked to a site that has something copyrighted? I'm not saying that's what would happen, but that's the power you'd be allowing.

they will have 48 hours to respond or 5 days if they're a ús search engine etc. The only people who can initiate a search result take down are the DOJ. I don't get it. I went and read Redd it analysis (full of hyperbole) and I fail to see what is loss of due process as the process is almost identical to dmca but now the search engines are being forced to not link to the sites (with a 5 day turn around) because the DOJ can not actually get a take down executed on a foreign website. The web companies are just talking about censorship to rile up people and protect their interests.

Edited by Dreadhead

I've always thought about doing this if I ever switched to general ed from special ed.

The only problem is that this picture is all over Facebook. In fact, one of my students sent it to me. I suspect they would catch on quickly, mark every answer the same (once they found the pattern), and say to hell with looking for the one that is different.

Another teacher made a key that spelled the name of our school. It was pretty funny to see who caught on and who did not.