And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

The liquor store near me, Julio's, has a huge whisk(e)y tasting festival every year at this time. Had all sorts of bourbon, rye, blended and single malt whiskies and whiskeys. Perhaps the most surprising was Amrut Single Malt which is a peated whisky from India that is indistinguishable from a good peated highland malt.

Jim, It's the Texas Elite which is the same one that Al had in Mayberry.

Reks, thanks!

Greg, I put olive oil on all over the bird then kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. I set the grill at around 300/350. I stick a thermometer in the bird and cook until the internal temp is 180. For a 5 pounder it's about 1 1/2 hours.

The liquor store near me, Julio's, has a huge whisk(e)y tasting festival every year at this time. Had all sorts of bourbon, rye, blended and single malt whiskies and whiskeys. Perhaps the most surprising was Amrut Single Malt which is a peated whisky from India that is indistinguishable from a good peated highland malt.

Argh, I can't believe I forgot about it again. One of these years, I'll actually remember and make it down there.

Visited Oak Park this weekend. Allison made a truly awesome breakfast this morning that included some scrambled eggs with spinach, garlic, onion, and some other delicious crap. Watched True Blood, went to Target, got back and made Penne with Vodka sauce, then watched more True Blood.

Then I had to drive 150 miles south back to school.

Sure will be nice to not have to leave Oak Park anymore come June.

This was Saturday but I never actually posted about it...

I was minding my own business on an otherwise uneventful day and went outside only to see three fire engines, an ambulance, and several police cars on the street. :blink:

Apparently one of the neighbors was burning some stuff in their backyard and left it unattended, which spread and caught their shed on fire. :palm:

Edited by Fitz

I have the Bubba Keg, n/k/a The Big Steel Keg. I was going to buy the BGE but then read about the steel keg, saw that Home Depot was blowing them out at $300 and figured I would give it a try at that price. I really like it but use it mostly for pizza and steaks. The Traeger is only used for low and slow smoking.

applied for a better paying job at another department on campus. the other department is run by the former head of my department, who i get along with very well, so i'm hopeful. it's about a 1/3 more pay than i currently make.

Good luck.

Me:

Arrived back from a cycling trip at 3am after 8+ hours of driving (2+ behind the wheel) and preceded by 6 hours of cycling including climbing 5000ft or so over 80 miles. This was after 2 other days of climbing mountains including one where we had to turn around because the Blue Ridge Parkway has been closed due to snow and fog.

Edited by Dreadhead