And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Friday - walked 2 miles.

Saturday - walked 12 miles.

Sunday - walked 8 miles.

Monday - walked 8 miles.

I laughed when the cab driver who took us to the hotel said that New Orleans has something about it that gets in your blood and gets you addicted. You keep coming back for more. I see it to be true now. Still have another half a day left tomorrow but just an amazing time so far.

Julie and I were long overdue a vacation. with med school starting we didn't have much couple time so this was a much needed getaway from reality.

Edited by crappyjones123
  • Like 3

So, while attempting to auto-upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS last night my primary computer went all "go fuck yourself and die" on me. It lets me enter my password, then displays a few error messages, and then just kind of hangs up.

I'm going to do a fresh install. I think this happens every time I do an automatic upgrade from one version of Ubuntu to the next. One of these times I will learn, and just do the fresh install from day 1 instead of trying the on-the-fly upgrade, but I'm a slow learner. My laptop (which has basically nothing but internet and GIMP) upgraded without a hitch. Weird.

So anyways, I have all my stuff in the downloads and other folders on my primary HDD. I live-booted 14.04 off of the USB and I found it (right where I left it) but I could not get access to my 2tb disc where I keep all the files I dont like loosing when I upgrade linux and it goes all flaky on me. The drive showed up, but computer would not access it.

I figured out that if i recreated my old account it would let me access the drive. My files are safe and I will resume doing the linux reinstall. Winning.

It is a small victory, but I'm pretty happy about it.

See you all in a few hours when its done re-reinstalling.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  She was such a good pup, and it's strange how missing them pops up at strange times.  So far what's gotten me were checking for her before firing up the vacuum because she hated the sound of it, or rushing to get home to make sure she could hide in the bathroom during a thunderstorm, only to get half way and remember that she didn't have to be scared of them any more. 

And sorry for your loss, Larry, and even more sorry that a difficult situation had to be made more difficult for no reason.

Thanks.  And I know exactly what you mean about missing them - when Greystone died last December I missed waking up with him curled up next my head.  For a week or two I'd wake up in the morning and close my eyes to go back to sleep again, but notice that he wasn't there on the pillow, so I'd go looking for him and then I'd remember...

Today I was sitting at my desk working. At some point, my shoulder started with the intense pain, and I couldn't lift my arm, and my hand was tingling.

I think I'm probably dying. It feels better, but not good at all. May wind up hitting a doctor in the morning (already took tomorrow off just in case.)

I don't like being old.

**BRENT**

Today I was sitting at my desk working. At some point, my shoulder started with the intense pain, and I couldn't lift my arm, and my hand was tingling.

I think I'm probably dying. It feels better, but not good at all. May wind up hitting a doctor in the morning (already took tomorrow off just in case.)

I don't like being old.

**BRENT**

That sucks Brent.   Like others have said, if you think you might be having a heart attack, get help.  

Doctor made me choose worker's comp or insurance. Wouldn't let me go insurance then WC later. Had to make 7 phone calls, multiple faxes, found out they won't let me go to my doctor so I had to drive across town to go to their crappier service. But hey, it's free. Probably. Maybe. I don't know. I don't know what's wrong yet, so I don't know if it's carpel tunnel, or something random, or what.

Bah.

**BRENT**

For Dusty: heart attack, arm amputated, give me twelve hours to live. Thanks for looking out! (Seriously. I thought about a heart attack/stroke when the hand tingling came into play, but nothing else presented. It was a push to take the day and go to doctor though.)

Everyone else: pinched nerve. Going with some icing and antiinflammatories and some range of motion exercises and a limited work release... And a follow up in a week.

Thanks for the concern. It still sucks, and not sure what caused it, but we'll see if it gets better. Can do PT if it continues past next week.

**BRENT**

• Like 1

Repaired my M&K  MX-125 subwoofer.  The thing kept blowing fuses sooooo I pulled the plate amp and the transformer.  Lucked out and found an internally shorted 10,000 uf cap right off the bat.  I replaced that one and the other 10 electrolytic caps while I was at it.  Works just fine now.

BTW: At the beginning of the week, before attempting a repair, I contacted M&K  to see if they could repair the amp.  Still waiting on a reply.  At the same time, I also contacted the transformer manufacturer (Paraline)  for specs and to see if they had a replacement version just in case mine was bad..  Another no reply.  You can bet that I will rember both companies in the future. 

Me