And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

1 hour ago, tyrion said:

The good drugs was the one thing that made dental procedures worthwhile. There is the keeping your teeth thing but still, no drugs sucks. Feel better. 

Back surgery might be your next level then… I don’t see what all the hubbub is about fentanyl…

IMG_2223.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Watched off and on for the past week the Milan World Fencing championships.  HK team co-coached by our friend, took silver.

Of note two of the four in the team competition attended a BBQ at our house with both coaches a few years back after training with Lance and his club prior to a Cup competition out here. International incidents were avoided as no rattlesnakes or coyotes dared to make an appearance.

Edited by Augsburger
I blame Brent
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Damn...  today some guys came to prepare my roof for the installation of solar panels and they found severas "tenants".  In total three wasps'nest...  ironically my team is called El Avispero. 

20230731193552_IMG_1451.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, Augsburger said:

What I have used in the past is a spray lacquer.  It stops them from flying to sting you and the lacquer clogs their spiracles and thorax causing them to eventually suffocate.  

Today I'll look some product in my local store. I hope those bugs don't get pissed off.

The fire.... for now it's my second bullet 😀 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jose said:

Today I'll look some product in my local store. I hope those bugs don't get pissed off.

The fire.... for now it's my second bullet 😀 

I have not used diesel but have heard the same thing. I also have not used brake or carburator cleaner, but have read many times that they kill wasp nests effectively.

What I have used many times effectively is the foaming wasp spray, especially with the long range sprayer. Always do it after dark when they are in the nest and less likely to attack you. If they are all in the open like you pic above, then it should be straightforward. Buena suerte!

• Like 5

Disassembled some hard drives.

PXL_20230802_225459528.jpg

Joanne's work had some old hard drives that they wanted to get rid of / render inoperable.

With the right tool (torx screwdriver bit) it was relatively trivial to open them up and take them apart.

All I need to do now is put the drive platters beyond use.

However lacking a drill press, or a large calibre firearm and high speed camera, I'm open to suggestions.

Thoughts?

Edited by Grahame