And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Home inspection on my new vacation house. Power was off when we arrived because the owner left the breaker on and they would not turn it on. Also the fridge has been left close and smells like something died (even though it looked pretty clean). Here's hoping the owner deals with the deficiencies and the valuation comes in OK....

Which brings up the whole matter of women and laundry. Domestic friction can result. Caution should be applied. Be gallant. Volunteer. Particularly where your own clothes, specifically the ones you don't want shrunken to, let's see, maybe your significant other's size, are involved. Be very suspicious of spousal clothing of bright color. Women's clothing is colored with incredibly fugitive dye. Of course, some people are quite open minded about pink underwear and dress shirts that used to be white. Me, not so much.

Why in heaven's name gender would have anything to do with a predisposition to setting the washer to abusive temperatures or why an industry that caters to women would discriminate against its best customers with inferior materials is totally beyond me. Sometimes frightening experience trumps logic.

Just sayin.

I never had any of these problems with past girlfriends...Oh, wait...nevermind. :)

I'm so angry I don't know what to do with myself. So I poured a bourbon. I feel like I should have one more screaming on the phone, but I didn't because it was just some woman in the office. I did write an email to the President (of the Company, not the United States) to express my displeasure. Whatever. They don't care; they don't give a shit.

Hope you are pleasantly surprised and the president gets back to you. A few months ago I wrote one of those ranting emails to a cab company about a cab cutting me off and they emailed me back and apologized and said that they would discipline the driver. To say I was surprised was an understatement.

Edited by Dreadhead

Yeah, I've found that writing to the muckety-mucks can be therapeutic, especially when channeling vicious anger into the most reasonable email in the world. Pure ranting rarely gets it for me, but as we all know I like to rant regardless. Anywho, my luck may be changing because I called the resident manager and the building's AC system guy is on the premises. The building can be shady in this regard, but maybe this will work out...

I'm so angry I don't know what to do with myself. So I poured a bourbon. I feel like I should have one more screaming on the phone, but I didn't because it was just some woman in the office. I did write an email to the President (of the Company, not the United States) to express my displeasure. Whatever. They don't care; they don't give a shit.

So why did you choose "Honey Badger HVAC"?

I'm still on the fence about doing that so my truck no longer sounds like a tractor.

Well on mine it wasn't just the noise, but the way it made the interior resonate at certain RPMs that was getting pretty damn annoying. I probably would've left it alone otherwise.

I do all the laundry in our household, so I control all separating of laundry and all drying times. Less long term stress.

^This. My wife is useless with the laundry. And she wisely has shown no hope of getting better, thus ensuring that she never does the laundry again.

The A/C saga ended well, for now. The guys my super called ended up staying for 3 hours and dumped some freon in the units and all is cold in MonkeyLand again--just the way I like it.

^This. My wife is useless with the laundry. And she wisely has shown no hope of getting better, thus ensuring that she never does the laundry again.

The A/C saga ended well, for now. The guys my super called ended up staying for 3 hours and dumped some freon in the units and all is cold in MonkeyLand again--just the way I like it.

Yay for happy endings!

Your wife sounds like my mother in this respect. Burn holes in the kitchen floor enough times with melted pots and and one ceases to be asked to cook dinner.