And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Christ dude, if you need the Oxygen equipment then bugger be damned with the amplifiers. You can't listen too well when you're struggling to breathe. I hope it works out for you.

--

Hadn't done any exercise in a few days. Just ran 10 miles. Feeling wobbly. Also very sweaty.

Edited by Duggeh

Larry, sorry about your father-in-law, and hope you get everything figured out/coordinator without loss of health.

As for me, I'm cleaning out my house again. I simply don't understand how the hell all this stuff gets in here as I always seem to be getting rid of things.

Larry, sorry about your father-in-law, and hope you get everything figured out/coordinator without loss of health.

As for me, I'm cleaning out my house again. I simply don't understand how the hell all this stuff gets in here as I always seem to be getting rid of things.

It's the cat, when you're at work.

Thanks. My daughter took the news okay - she did a bit of crying and then some laughing later with her sister when they were goofing off. I'm going to pick her up Saturday and return her to camp on Sunday after the funeral. My wife is still planning to head out on the river with our son Monday, and they'll return just a day before the funeral.

The cat escaped from father-in-law's house today while family was there to find insurance documents and stuff, and the neighbor said they will try to catch and return the cat and feed it for the next week. But I may have to go up sooner to get it - we don't want to lose his cat too.

My wife wants me to run a genealogy search on his side of the family, and I was wondering if anyone here can recommend a reputable website to get that done, and let me know how detailed of information they need to do an accurate search? I have his full name, birthdate and birthplace, and the names of his parents but not their birthplaces.

http://www.archives.gov/research/genealogy/

If you go to the archives in DC to research your ancestry, they essentially sit you at a computer with this website. Pretty much all of the census data is now online. If I recall correctly, you will eventually end up at ancestry.com - I think that is where the census records are available. You can get a 14 day free trial from that them.

http://www.archives....arch/genealogy/

If you go to the archives in DC to research your ancestry, they essentially sit you at a computer with this website. Pretty much all of the census data is now online. If I recall correctly, you will eventually end up at ancestry.com - I think that is where the census records are available. You can get a 14 day free trial from that them.

Condolences and sorry for all the struggles, Larry. Ancestry.com may have a lead to resources you might use.

Thanks for the advice. I signed up for a 14 day free trial at ancestry.com and even knowing her dad's full name, date of birth, and birth location, and names of both of his parents I can only find two records out of 200,000 records that are about him in particular - one is a brief one-line record of his birth and parents names, and the other one is his residence address that he took up in 1990. They list thousands of unrelated records if only one search criteria is met, like last name. They offer no help pointing to records of his parents, so that we can find his grandparents, etc.

You'd think that for the $13-20/month fee that they would have a little more automated or helpful approach.

Went to LL Bean in Freeport yesterday for their free concert series... Amos Lee was playing. Hadn't heard him before, but came away impressed. Not really my cup of tea but he's definitely talented.

Got up this AM and went skateboarding for the first time time in probably 5 years... Some time in a small half pipe In a local municipal park and had a lot of fun. Got home and got my new espresso machine set up, and after a few trials, I made a few café mochas for me and the wife, along with omlettes. Followed up with a nice 90 minute paddle and burgers on the grill.

I am not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow.

Sorry for your family's loss Larry.

Pretty great last 24 hours myself. Yesterday Allison and I took the train downtown and went to lunch at a nice sushi cafe with a new friend of mine and his girlfriend. It was kinda hot outside but my friend seemed to want to risk sitting out in the sun, and luckily we found a table in the shade with a nice breeze. I guess eating sushi outside isn't so bad if you get lucky. Best maki roll of the meal was probably a play on lox and bagels, simply called "bagel." They need to get more creative with the naming methinks.

After lunch, we walked to Water Tower Place and met my old roommate who was hanging out there for a few hours while his fiancee worked. We browsed around some stores (mostly Allison browsed and we followed aimlessly) and eventually headed back to his fiancee's apartment. The place was like 60 F inside so we relaxed a bit and drank a little beer, then went out to a few bars in Wicker Park. The first place had a huge list of tequila, some interesting cocktails, and really good guacamole. The second bar had a cool beer garden with two outdoor sections, one of which was covered with a glass roof. The place had a nice mellow vibe, but I wish we'd have stayed at the tequila lounge ;). Got back in to our friend's apartment at 2 a.m., decided not to cab back to Oak Park and spent the night there. I was beyond tired and feel like an old man at the bars sometimes.

Woke up this morning at like 9, came back to Oak Park and got breakfast at Blue Max Cafe, this really nice restaurant that was set up inside a rather large house. I'm told they have great coffee but I don't drink the stuff. Afterwards the four of us went to Marion Street Cheese Market so my friend could buy some beer (he decided on some Founders Blushing Monk, hope I can try it). We then chilled at my apartment and eventually went and saw Horrible Bosses in the afternoon. It is quite a bit better than I expected and I'd recommend it.

So yeah, nothing too extraordinary but a great weekend with my friends made even better since I haven't seen them in quite a while.

Pretty good weekend myself with just over 5hrs of riding between 2 rides for the first time in months. Felt really good to be back out until some random fucker on my group ride on Sunday tried to pass on the inside and knocked me off my bike and into a sign post on the side of the road. Luckily I was able to stop myself before I went headfirst into it without breaking my shoulder blade but I'm pretty sore in my hand and shoulder. Still glad I went for the ride though.

Re-doing laundry after Jax decided to make a bed out of the clean laundry basket. Thanks Jax.

LOL

Enigma, who is mostly white and has the best developed shedding skills of any animal alive, loves to make a nest in laundry. Not dirty laundry, only clean laundry. With a strong preference for dark colors. We buy those adhesive lint rollers in sixpacks.

Some might wonder how it is that she is able to gain access to clean, dark laundry. It's complicated. Laundry customs are a subtle and nuanced thing.

Larry - I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like the circumstances made an already horrible event darn near unbearable. My father in law had a stroke that basically ruined the last couple years of his life in similar circumstances. He was stricken for a good two days before his friends realized something was wrong and called 911 over his objections. Such a waste.

In just about every town, there is some sort of genealogy club whose members know all the tricks. Find those people and they should be able to set you straight.

I cleaned up a lot of cat puke yesterday. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, buster likes to spread the love around, no need to consolidate it all in one place.

He's also fiendishly obsessive about kneading the shit out of any blankets I keep out by the couch. His back legs go crazy, like he's leg pressing 1000 pounds.