And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Well, I sure love complaining when I'm in the mood, but regret doing it when I read it later. Thanks, guys. It's annoying, but I'll be fine.

The Concept 2 arrived yesterday and I just set it up. At Crossfit, using it is always just one part of a workout, and almost always short, high-intensity intervals. I'm looking forward to doing some longer distances, or at least that's what I'm telling myself now before I've actually ever tried. The Pete Program, which is mainly for competition training, has a beginner's workout that builds over 24 weeks. I think I'll try it out.

http://thepeteplan.wordpress.com/beginner-training/

Braved the horrible mall crowd to look for shoes for Libby. We actually managed to find couple of shoes we actually liked at Clarks. Unfortunately, one pair wasn't in stock in the size we needed and the other pair wasn't in the stock in the color we wanted. This wouldn't haven't been too much of an issues except that for reasons beyond my comprehension, one cannot order kids shoes from Clarks website in US nor can the individual stores order them for you. facepalm.png

Oh, and we also found a nice Middle Eastern restaurant only 10-15 minutes away. We'll definitely will be going back there again.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Drove down to the house early and put together my new weed trimmer and then used it to dig out the front walkway from under a 3 inch mat of dirt and grass. Mowed some more. Met with handyman about fixing the venting on the dryer. Signed up for Comcast internet to allow telecommuting from there and learned that I should have bought a cable modem years ago instead of paying 10% of the cost in rent each month :palm:. Then came home and took our dog to "doggy day" at the local pool. Finally we went to see Contagion which was awesome.

Edited by Dreadhead

Apple replaced our iPad1 under Applecare (changed our data account and could not get the old sim out), so now I'm restoring my wife's data and apps to the refurbished one. It came with iOS 4.3.3 so we can jailbreak it at jailbreakme.com but I wont be able to restore to 4.3.3 if there are issues.

Got to visit briefly with Tyler at the Apple store, but he was busy with customers so no beer this time around.

Going to the White Sox vs. Indians game. Too bad these games don't matter one bit. And there's that football thing today. Seemed like a good idea when I bought the tix in the spring.

Oh well, should be a beautiful day, and it's my son's first time to go to a professional sports game!

Spent the afternoon at the photographer's viewing ( and buying) my daughter's senior yearbook photo's. This particular studio is pretty cutting edge and therefore uber expensive, but good. Amazing what they can do with teenagers and digital cameras nowadays. azn.gif Unfortunately, after paying for all those "photographs" I find that i will have to defer the purchase of my Lamborghini for a while.

Edited by Augsburger

Spent the afternoon at the photographer's viewing ( and buying) my daughter's senior yearbook photo's. This particular studio is pretty cutting edge and therefore uber expensive, but good. Amazing what they can do with teenagers and digital cameras nowadays. azn.gif Unfortunately, after paying for all those "photographs" I find that i will have to defer the purchase of my Lamborghini for a while.

Yeah, we just did the same.

Drove to Bloomington for the first soccer tournament of the season. Now waiting for the first game to start.

Definitely my favorite city in Indiana. Aside from a great math department, great artwork on campus, and an excellent music school, IU has the world's best mechanical puzzle collection. If you haven't been there, it is a must see (Jerry Slocum Puzzle Collection).

Definitely my favorite city in Indiana. Aside from a great math department, great artwork on campus, and an excellent music school, IU has the world's best mechanical puzzle collection. If you haven't been there, it is a must see (Jerry Slocum Puzzle Collection).

And don't forget Upland Brewing. They turn out some pretty good beverages.

After being lured to Jp's apartment under the guise of helping him unpack, I ended up listening to his system which sounds f'ing great! I left there, loaded up the kayak and headed to Fort Lauderdale beach for a couple of hours of kayaking with Gail. I need a waterproof camera or casing for my Lumix to take in the kayak. If I had one at the ready, I would have had pics of the manatees and sea turtles that swam by us:

photo-1-3.jpg

photo-2-3.jpg