And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Definitely my favorite city in Indiana. Aside from a great math department, great artwork on campus, and an excellent music school, IU has the world's best mechanical puzzle collection. If you haven't been there, it is a must see (Jerry Slocum Puzzle Collection).

Mine too. Unfortunately the soccer tournament was in Bloomington, IL. Not nearly so nice.

Mine too. Unfortunately the soccer tournament was in Bloomington, IL. Not nearly so nice.

Oh. :(

I'm week behind on the plan, but started back rowing again today. I don't know what I was thinking when I stopped rowing initially - now I have to go through the massive pain of starting it again.

Awesome! I need to get back to rowing again. I am just waiting for summer to end (it was 99 here today and is supposed to be 100 tomorrow).

Picked the Subaru up from the mechanic. Packed up two Electrix effects units. Got an RMA # for my S95 (sniff). Packed it up as well. Got the Subaru inspected (passed, yay!) Went to the UPS store. Sent effects and S95 on their merry way. Hit up a local grocery store. Got some Eastern European Nutella equivalent, some polenta and some organic, free range parsnips.

I still have to get an RMA # for the MacBook's RAM and then see about attacking the Subaru with a pressure washer. First it's dinner time.

Got an RMA # for my S95 (sniff). Packed it up as well.

I've been looking for a point and shoot. I was intrigued by the Nikon P300 but decided its noise reduction/sharpening was overcooked. So back to square one. How is the S95? Apart from being broken, that is.

Today we caked a departing photographer. The boss claims we will be able to replace her. We'll see.

Is Prague coming up still, Colin? You should hit the Americky Bar (http://www.americkybar.cz/ http://prague-stay.c...1-americky-bar/) and the Strahov Monastery brew pub (http://www.klasterni-pivovar.cz/en/) and go on the Segway movie locations tour (http://www.praguetou...Date=09/30/2011) with Rene ( Brazilian dude).

Edited by Voltron

Got in a rush yesterday trying to get to the airport in Tampa, and forgot to pack my CPAP machine. To make matters worse, I hadn't slept for 2 of the 3 previous nights (for no particular reason). I was pretty much a walking zombie yesterday, and didn't even realize that I'd forgotten it until I got home mid-afternoon and immediately headed for bed. So now I'm in Cayman with a throat that feels like a golf ball sized fleshy mass, trying to figure out how to get the blasted thing back here!

Of course, FedEx and DHL (the only courier options) are closed here on weekends, so Monday is the soonest I can hope for unless I drop $500-odd to make a quick trip back for it. Even FedEx will cost well over $100, I'm sure. Used to be you could arrange to leave something like that at the Cayman Airways check-in counter and one of the flight attendants would bring it back for you as she was passing through the airport, so long as you had good taste in perfume. But then some camel fuckers decided to fly airplanes into the twin towers, and things aren't the same anymore.

Guess I'll just have to try to stay awake as much as possible this weekend to keep the swelling down as much as possible. One of the downsides to Island life, I guess. Nothing is cheap or convenient.

In the meantime, I'm going to check with the hospital to see if there is a way to rent one. Doubtful, but worth a try.

That really blows, Wayne! (Or I guess doesn't blow, in this case! tongue.png) Try googling sleep centers or sleep disorder in the area. I did a quick search and came up with:

OTORHINOLARINGOLOGY (Ear, Nose & Throat)

Dr. Frank Glatz MD FABO FAAOHNS FAAOA

Alexander Place, Unit 2

Dorcy Drive, Industrial Park, Grand Cayman

Tel: (345) 945 3822 Fax: (345) 945 3820

Email: [email protected]

Special interest: allergy, dive medicine and sleep disorders

I wonder if he can help? At least he'd know where to obtain a machine, I would think ...

Edit:

also found this, but not sure how close it is to you ...

St Thomas Sleep Center

Paragon Medical Bldg Suite 305 St Thomas USVI

Call Now:

340-777-7533

About Us

St Thomas Sleep Center is a two bed-room center offering the latest diagnostic and therapeutic modalities. St Thomas Sleep Center provides services which includes but not limited to Sleep Studies, Sleep Apnea / Snoring, CPAP/BIPAP Therapy, Restless Leg Syndrome, Sleep Medicine, Otolaryngology and Neurology. St Thomas Sleep Center treats all forms of sleep disorders.

Edited by jvlgato

^ Hey, you're good! You found the one and only guy in Cayman who might have been able to help. St. Thomas is on the other side of the Caribbean, though.

I called my doc here in Cayman who originally diagnosed me for sleep apnea while doing a routine physical for immigration purposes. (It was pretty amazing, really. He just stuck a tongue depressor down my throat and noticed some swelling, and then set up an sleep study appointment for me a Baptist Hospital in Miami. At least 9 out of 10 GPs would have missed it, or so I'm told.)

Anyway, he immediately recommended Dr. Glatz (who wasn't here 8 years ago when I was diagnosed). I called his office and spoke to his nurse who was prepared to let me borrow their machine for this weekend, but needed to check their schedule first, and sure enough it will be in use with one of their patients this weekend. Oh well, still nice to know that they are here and were willing to help (in the event that I ever have a mind freeze like this again).

In the meantime, it's been passed on to FedEx, and I'll just have to rough it with a lot of ice cream and very little sleep this weekend. If nothing else, I've got one clear nostril so even if the throat gets worse, I still should be able to get enough air to stay alive. Funny that, breath. Something you need more than anything else to sustain life -- even food, water, sleep, or the ability to urinate and/or procreate, depending on your preferred use of that appendage at any given moment. Even more important than having a pair JH13's -- breath.

Edited by Wmcmanus