And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Feel better Nate!

................................................ anyone need some motherfucking blankets?

Excuse me, as you may know English is my second language. Were you using that term as a verb or adjetive?huh.png

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 1

My dad just went to the OR for a blood clot in his brain which seemed to result from a fall he had recently while in North Korea. The wait begins, but I'm very hopeful that it is indeed a routine procedure...

Wishing the best for your dad Marc...

My dad just went to the OR for a blood clot in his brain which seemed to result from a fall he had recently while in North Korea. The wait begins, but I'm very hopeful that it is indeed a routine procedure...

It depends on location. If caused for a blunt force trauma, it's possible it's from an epidural or subdural hematoma, which are usually very accessible and shouldn't carry much danger. But if it's in a deeper location, or into a vein, things could get more tricky. Best wishes, hopefully it's an accessible one :)

Best wishes, and hope your dad gets better soon.

Edited by mrarroyo

Well, so far so good. Yea, it was a subdermal hematoma. The surgeon said in was a couple inches (?) and once they tapped it it shot out like 6'. The surgeon said that he had not seen that much pressure ever and that it's a good sign that the brain will quickly expand back into the space. I guess we will know more in the morning. It's been about 3 weeks after the fall. Good thing he didn't have to get this done in the DPRK though :)

Found out 10 minutes ago that I'll be offered a part time job at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (assuming my references check out)... anyone need some motherfucking blankets?

Hey, cool! I'll have to come by and buy some stuff from you! Are you on commission?

Wow, Marc. Sorry to hear it. Best wishes to your Dad!

Got a message from fraud prevention at my bank and found out someone was illegally using my credit card # locally. Pisses me the fuck off, but I'm kinda impressed their system was able to detect and decline the fraudulent activity despite me not really having a real "pattern" for transactions. Of course since I'll be out of town next week, means I had to procure a prepaid visa and a bit of cash to ensure any expenses on the trip are covered until I get a new card.

• Like 2

Excellent news Marc. I guess the hematoma was a subdural one. How long had it been there? It's great he had proper surgery at a proper hospital, that DPRK thing scares the shit out of me. Best wishes. I'm sure he'll fully recover pretty quickly.

Nat, glad to read that flu isn't hitting hard on you. Get well soon.

I'm officially on vacations since Thursday. :prettyprincess: In a few days we'll be leaving for a couple of weeks trip.