And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Wow, how long will it take to empty out all that beer in your fridge and stock it with some Stellenbosch juice? azn.gif

Nice view and pool................. no, awesome view and pool! I never would have guessed your last name was De Beers.

Ok, spent this afternoon listening to some awesome vinyl, The Hot Club soundtrack and louis Armstrong and Count Basie (record 1 of 2) on a Clear Audio TT with a spectacular Clear Audio Goldfinger Statement cartridge. Despite the blingyness, the CA Statement cartridge sounds frickin' awesome and so did the vinyl.

Be that as it may, I bought some vinyl.

Edited by Augsburger

Lots happening in this thread today!

Yay to Colin. sad.png to Wayne. Wowza to Stretch: just gorgeous.

I had a crazy, jammed packed day at work, with all the general and specific fuckedupness of fucked up people taking over and tangling, but it was somehow wonderful, and I had way too much fun to be getting paid. I'm zonked but still laughing.

Wayne, when I would take naps at work while my CPAP was at home I found that I could sleep on my stomach on the couch in my office, with my face aimed outward away from the couch, and I could get air well enough to breath and sleep and feel somewhat rested. I think I was mostly mouth breathing and drooling, but it worked. I think that position not only keeps the airway open a little better, but it improves chest wall compliance for breathing. Hope you get this sorted out soon!

That's pretty cool, Al. Is that a special all-access-I-can-run-on-the-field-without-being-naked-and-getting-arrested pass in your pocket, or are you just happy to see the photographer?

As for me, I hobbled uphill a few hundred yards with the kids to go to a block party at my apartment complex. They had games, blow up bouncy houses and an obstacle course, and free hotdogs. Exercise + not cooking lunch = win/win. Kids had a blast, I found out it was run by a local church instead of management, so I wound up talking to people about coming to services, or the kids coming... and in the middle of it, I got stung on the lip by a bee that was on the rim of my drink when I went to take a sip.

I don't know what sucked worse, getting stung on the lip, or not being able to loudly shout expletives due to being surrounded by the hosts and all the children.

**BRENT**

Wayne, when I would take naps at work while my CPAP was at home I found that I could sleep on my stomach on the couch in my office, with my face aimed outward away from the couch, and I could get air well enough to breath and sleep and feel somewhat rested. I think I was mostly mouth breathing and drooling, but it worked. I think that position not only keeps the airway open a little better, but it improves chest wall compliance for breathing. Hope you get this sorted out soon!

Worth a try. My throat is getting a little better. It took the entire first day and evening and a lot of Baileys for it to start feeling even a little bit normal. Now it seems to be settling into a 'new normal' state. I've been sleeping in shifts, no more than 4 hours at a time to ensure that my throat doesn't get exposed to long periods of snoring and dryness.

Yes, there are hospitals here. A big (for 50,000 people) heavily-Government-supported hospital and a small private hospital... and if that wasn't enough, they're now in the process of building a massive regional medical center (including a 2,000 bed hospital) here in Grand Cayman. It will be billed as a "medical tourism hospital" aimed at bringing in the best of the best docs in many specialties to perform cutting edge (read: experimental) types of procedures in a low risk environment (with legislation already in place to limit medical malpractice awards to $500,000). So essentially, it will be a place for wealthy patients to helicopter in with an armful of doctors who are willing to perform operations here that would be too high risk to do elsewhere.

Spent the entire day un-fucking my home network. banghead.gif It turns out that my (now 10 year old) wired router was going bad, and finally went tits up today. That meant I had to reset and re-program my Airport Extreme, which had been acting as a WAP-only. Making this whole task more difficult is the fact that my ISP is displaying their usual level competence and I've had to reboot my cable modem 5 times to get a signal strong enough to connect.

Due to this unscheduled misadventure, I've had to scuttle plans to get a new mobile phone today, and to visit my favorite grocer. Still on the agenda is looking for a charger for my backup phone, and raining the Scotch cabinet.ranting.gif